Aloha from paradise!

smootie

Hi everyone! I'm in Honolulu and just got my first (and likely only) tattoo yesterday. I'd been thinking about getting a tattoo for a really long time and decided that 35 is fine age to get a one. It helps that I'm getting a masters degree in library and information science and libraries are very tattoo-friendly spaces.

I've been lurking on your lovely forum for awhile now, trying to soak up as much advice and wisdom I could, before I made an account. I particularly enjoyed reading about one user's experience with Jimmy Ho and the silly thread where someone coined the term "squid pants".

Getting tattooed hurt a LOT (I'm a wimp when it comes to pain). Honestly, the only thing that made me sit through the session was my desire NOT to go through life with a random squiggly line tattooed on my arm. But my artist was incredible and the tattoo is more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Anyhow, that's a little about me. Even though I don't plan to get another tattoo, I love reading the threads here and will continue to do so. Thanks for being so great, everybody!