Hello all!

Andrew Robinson

Hello, all! I just got my first tattoo on Tuesday, so I'm happy to be part of the ink family and just wanted to ask if I'm doing okay with my aftercare.

I know this is probably the most common question, but I paid good money for my ink.

Here's the initial picture: 20150804_150334_HDR_zpspn0ntlkr.jpg

Here it is on day 6:

20150810_174608_HDR_zpsiuh4lnhb.jpg

I've been keeping it clean twice a day and adding lotion when it feels dry and itchy and after cleaning. Is it too early still to say that I'm not doing a good job?

There's a couple spots that look like it might be peeling again.

Is it still too early to worry?

Thank you, guys, for the replies! I just noticed that I have a white dot in my day 6 picture, right above the snake bend. I read they're not normal, but will that go away with time? It's like a small, white raised bump.

Actually, I've seen these reported a lot and I had a couple yesterday myself, but they went away. I wasn't worried. Unless you have smelly, infected-looking places, your body will heal at it's rate. Keep it clean. Easy with the potions. Relax and enjoy (don't scratch!)

Actually, I've seen these reported a lot and I had a couple yesterday myself, but they went away. I wasn't worried. Unless you have smelly, infected-looking places, your body will heal at it's rate. Keep it clean. Easy with the potions. Relax and enjoy (don't scratch!)

I just cleaned my ink and it did look smaller this morning from when I saw it first. I'll keep an eye on it, it just looks out of place, but I know the ink is still there. I was very impressed with the work my artist did. :D

Edit: Was? I still am!

Hello, all! I'm going on day 10 of my first tattoo and it looks like it's peeling again. Should I stop applying lotion and just let it peel?

The skin around it and between the flaky skin feels soft.

I've been keeping it clean twice a day and following the instructions that my artist gave to me.

I'm doing my best to keep it up, but I'm still pretty new to the ink game.

What do you guys think?