2015 Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts

"I've been kind of interested in a foo dog.". Stewart Robson. Done!

"Maybe a really excellent lady head?". Valerie Vargas. Done!

(...)

Then, with this list of attendees I don't really need too. You'll just find yourself in a chair in a happy tattoo overloaded daze.Ha!

I wouldn't hate anything about this arrangement! I will be astonished if I can make that happen, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You're right about the other stuff, though. It'll probably be hard to lose, wherever I end up. Can't wait to find out. :cool:

in case you haven't heard...

Original works by Ed Hardy presented by Varnish Fine Art at The Midway, 900 Marin Street, San Francisco.

"...a large scale exhibition coming up in October of new works from Ed Hardy...

The Artist Reception will be Thursday October 29th, which will also be the opening party for the Bay Area Convention of the Tattoo Arts. Doors open at 7:00, and will be open until midnight."

anyone going?!

• 3 weeks later...

@Hands On I'll be there!

I booked my ticket on Monday night and woke up with a text from Shad...and booked another ticket for a same-day roundtrip in and out of SF for mid-October...It's gonna be an expensive month!! But such a good one!

Looking forward to seeing all my Bay Area buddies and LST friends old and new!

Hellloooo everybody!!

It's that time of year again...where we all start oohing and aahing over the lineup for the Bay Area convention and some of us start talkin' travel.

@sophistre and I met up yesterday and decided that it would probably be fun as hell to go, so the PNW will be representing for sure.

Who else is in? Any plans?

I'm just hoping to get the conversation going!!

is there a day and time and place for a LST meetup at the convention ? I might go this year , so you all may have the pleasure of meeting me ! LOL

saturday is a good day for me.

UGH, all of that conversation about it, and now I don't think I can go. My AC/heat pump/furnace are on the fritz (AGAIN) and I'm pretty sure this means I don't have the funds to sort that out AND have surgery in November and still do this convention. :(

Next year, though. Next year for sure.

Btw, I think you may be the only person I know in the PNW that actually has AC. Those 2 months of the year are scorchers though.

HAHA. I know. They're all crazy up here. When I was looking at houses my friends in the area were like 'you don't need it up here! It never gets that hot!' and EVERY YEAR they pop into voice chat when we're gaming like 'OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO HOT I AM DYING.'

I know it's unflattering to be smug, but... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Where have you all stayed in the past when traveling to this convention from out of town? I'm going to LA with my partner in late October and would really like to travel up for the convention before going back home. Sort of apprehensive about trying Airbnb though I probably shouldn't be.

Edit: turns out my boyfriend can't make it anyway, so I would probably stay at the convention hotel if I can do this. People who responded: thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm starting to get antsy!! saturday just got iffy for me tho... close friend of mine invited us to a little family halloween get together and my wife seems into it. i'll for sure be there Friday and hopefully Sunday as well.

ps. Andre Malcolm and Greg Christian both recently posted on IG that they have openings, if anyone's interested.

my initial plan was to wing it, but the convention's IG just posted that they found out Marc Nava was attending 3days ago. took that opportunity to book a 6pm spot for Friday. drop by and say what's up!

i'm gonna try to be there when the flood gates open, so i have some time to take it all in and wander around.

sweet! I got an apt with him on sunday. i'll be there all weekend. lets get it!

Had planned a week long vacation for this, my first time to California as well... but life happens and that is no longer an option. But I already had an appointment booked, and couldn't bear to cancel that in addition to all the other fun stuff that already had to go away. So, I'm flying out the morning of Friday the 30th, getting tattooed that night by Stewart, then flying back to Kansas just after midnight. Before the doors open, I'm hoping to check out the Visionary Subversive show, grab some sushi somewhere, spend what money I have left as irresponsibly as possible post tattoo, before scuttling off into the night. Wish I had more time to spend there, but it just means that I have no choice but to go back and properly see the Bay Area as soon as I can!

1 more week! I can't wait!

I think I have a session with Jill Bonny before the convention on Friday. Hopefully I won't be wiped out too bad by the time it starts. I should be there all day/night Friday and Saturday. For now I plan on going Sunday as well but may opt to get a short session in with Jill again before my flight in the evening.

I'd love to meet up with everyone. @CABS, @cvportagee, and I tried this great Japanese place down the street last year. It's well worth it if anyone is interested in meeting for a bite or drinks.

Feel free to introduce yourself if I havent met you previously. I'd love to meet other LST folks. I'll be a pudgy 'Steve Aoki' with glasses. Likely wearing dark colors. Black/grey sleeves.

@MoistTowelette, are you working a booth this year?

@beez, did the Shad appointment happen?

@Lance i am super into food so if food is happening NOM NOM. Shad session happened - we are extending the snake down my right leg. got outline from ribs to knee done and background shading of clouds! i'll post a pic when it's more complete...but you will likely get to see this weekend if we run into each other! I will be at the convention around 2p on Fri checking in at the Diamond Club booth.