Asking the artist to tattoo whatever they want

Sick

I feel fortunate that my artist is a bigger comic nerd than myself. Each time, I hadn't found out what tattoo we were going to get until I showed up. I think with any artist that has been in the industry for a bit likes to do thing new and exciting. Playing to their strength and personal preference is typically a win win

The more the description of the desired object in the picture is better. Even if the description of the client will appear strange or silly it is better than too abstract objectless explanation.

When somebody comes to me and says he wants to warm sweet tattoo - it could be anything.I have such an explanation will cause one association and another person to another. And I will draw a sketch of which as a result will not be so that the client expected. Because at the words "sweet and warm tattoo" I will represent as an object of the lamp, and the person will be the object pillow) as very simplified example. )

So I ask people who want to tattoo to explain it as detailed as possible - then the figure will be made easier.

There are certainly exceptions, when prepared by drawing directly suited to the client, even though he had little to explain what he wants. But most people come in and ask for "something beautiful no matter what"=)

In the beginning I always had 2 or 3 pictures of different images I wanted when I went to the shop, I've always let the artist choose which, how big and where to put it..

He will never copy the image as is and will add his personal touch so an idea is better than a demand IMO.

Now I just walk in do a little talking and let Tycho do his magic, he knows what is best (and I never got disappointed)

I tend to bring (or send) very detailed ideas - then tell my artist that I'm NOT an artist, and let them worry about the art part. Worked well on all but one, and I really got the impression that he didn't really care. I'm working toward a 1/2-3/4 sleeve, and plan to ask my artist to do green bean vines and leaves for the filler, and let her go from there. I still have two more medium sized pieces to get on that arm/shoulder and two small pieces then she can work on the filler.

Many years ago I think I may have been particular, but in the end...man, it was just all about the coverage. Power lines, bold, slam the fucker in. A crocodile over the ribs you say? Sounds good to me. A pipe smokin' wizard smacked on the side of the neck? Fuck yeah. But in saying that, after years of being tattooed by the one person, he just knew what suited me as much as I did.

I did not know what my my side/rib/hip tattoo was going to be until I met with the artist at the show,a couple years ago,

and I had a first session yesterday on my arm/shoulder,I told the artist that I liked water lilies and skulls and told her she could do whatever she wanted with those basic elements,she loved it,I consulted with her a week ago and when she showed me the drawing,I was blown away and told her I love it and to do it that way,and IMO this tattoo is going to be amazing !

so it does turn out great when you tell the artist to do what they want,this is what Alycia Harr at Classic Tattoo in Grass Valley California did on my upper arm/shoulder.I just got it finished on Monday ,I am very happy with it..

alycia7.jpg

alycia8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been having the folks at Envy Skin Gallery tattoo me for a couple of years now. Good people that I consider as much to be family as anything else.

Everyone there has done at least one piece on me, but Will Murray and Billy Hill have done the bulk of the work on my sleeves.

I stopped by the shop yesterday to stick my head in the door and say: "Hi." Carlos Biz Marcos walked up and asked what was what. I told him I was looking to talk to Will about an appointment to cap my elbow.

Biz told me that Will had gone home sick but Biz had a couple of free hours and an idea for a killer moth that would fit perfectly.

When the swelling goes down, I'll post a better pic.

So yeah, if you know and trust your artist, wind him up and turn him loose. You will not be disappointed.:cool:

12063419_10153074975386536_8543254242556960235_n_zpsdxrjmyxd.jpg