Cover up help ideas

Tattoo101

Hi. I'm looking for some help. This tattoo is a few years old. Ideally I want it covering with some stop clocks showing my children's time of births then slowly going down into a sleeve with Maori patterns . But is this possible because of the original red ink?

Thanks.

Welcome! My recommendation is to find an artist who you want to do the tattoo, preferably somebody with a lot of experience doing cover ups, and ask him or her what's possible. I've seen really varying results with cover ups, so individual expertise is really crucial here. If you let us know where you live I'm sure that somebody can recommend quality shops and artists in your area.

Expect that the cover up will be at least twice the size of the original tattoo, so that the old tattoo can be placed in part of the design of the new tattoo. Putting the clocks adjacent to the old tattoo will help draw attention away from the actual coverup. The Captain America tattoo in my gallery was a coverup.