Minneapolis Tattooers/Shops

Jim Payne

Hey all,

I don't know about you, but when I visit a new city, one of my first thoughts is, "I wonder who is killing it in this town?" So I'll be in Minneapolis for a few days at the end of September, and I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on some tattoo shops to check out.

Thanks!

There are a lot of good shops in Minneapolis. Most people here will recommend Aloha Monkey which is a great and reputable shop but not located very well for a visitor as it is out of the way and sort of isolated in suburbia. My favorite shop is Leviticus which is in a great neighborhood in south Minneapolis near Minnehaha Falls and lots of great restaurants. Many people also like Uptown Tattoo which is also in a nice visitor friendly location.

Have fun. I think you will find that this is a pretty great city with wonderful food and a lot to do. Also, you have picked the perfect time to visit. Hopefully some others will chime in on shops they like as there are quite a few around these days.

If you're looking to choose from flash, Aloha Monkey is particularly incredible. Lots of really beautiful Kandi Everett and Rollo things on the walls. (Because I don't really know what I'm doing I didn't get something that was recognizably either of them, but there's always more skin.) Everyone is really friendly. You do need to rent a car to get there, I think.