Hello all! Currently getting laser tattoo removal for a cover-up :)

yellowbilledmagpie

Hello all!

I've been a lurker on these boards for awhile, but I thought maybe my experience might be helpful to share. Right now I'm currently going through laser removal of a lower leg tattoo with the hopes I can get it covered up. I have gone through one treatment so far, and the blisters are pretty gnarly!

I have not consulted with a tattoo artist for the cover-up as of yet, so I'm currently looking for an artist in the Sacramento area (or within 4 hour driving distance) who would welcome a challenge, ha ha. My next piece will have thick bold lines, lots of colors so hopefully that will be easy to work with.

I uploaded pictures of one of my other tattoos on my arm - I love this one!

I hope to learn from all of you so I don't make the same experience on my new cover-up as I did on the original.

So, hello! :D

Hi there! Do you feel like getting the laser tattoo removal was worth the intense blisters? I've seen how painful laser can be, and I've been researching because I was considering getting it done myself but it doesn't seem like it would be worth it. What are your thoughts after doing it?

Well, I guess it really depends on your version of "worth it" :) I've only had one session, and it wasn't too bad pain-wise and the blisters looked WAY worse than they felt. I am happy with the progress so far.

I haven't told many people I am getting this done just because people feel like they need to tell me that I'm wasting my money - yeah no kidding I made a mistake, thanks! :/ I know other people feel like you need to live with your mistakes, but again - it's my choice.

But if I can get this tattoo removed or covered up with something awesome, and it makes ME feel better - isn't that what matters?