Where does your username come from or mean?

rufio

• 2 months later...

The Army uses what are called "fixed call signs" for radio communication. Each unit had a designator - many times most units of a larger unit will have designators that start with the same letter. For example, the fixed call sign for 1st Infantry Division is Danger. I commanded a battalion within that Division, the 101st Military Intelligence Battalion and our fixed call sign was Devious. They then use numerical designators to identify specific individuals within each unit - the commander of a unit is identified by the number 6. So, when I made a radio call, I identified myself as Devious 6. Simple, right? :cool:

My user name is just something on my to do list.Just kidding.

Its the name of a Morrissey album.

You killed me, hahaha, I was not expecting that.

My nickname is something super childish (as usual so I'm a little baby on here). When I was 10 I translated my name to japanese and it was Niemh, because I was (and I am) a huge lover of japanese culture. I didn't like it so I added an 'a': Naiemh.

Enviado desde mi JY-G4 mediante Tapatalk

I was an RTO (Radio Telephone Operator) for about a year while I was in the Army. We are basically the lieutenant's bitch and so everyone began calling me by my name.

(yes I know it's the wrong spelling but when I originally used this name on another forum for some reason rtho was taken so since I've just stuck with this spelling on any forum I join)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If you're Norwegian heritage gets hidden by the Great Generation, and they've been known to have had a very long, perfect relationship, and each of your grandparents gives you some kind of lifelong gift, it's hard to get back from Ireland after your grandmother gives you the only clue to what the truest form of the family means. A 12 year old's eyes aren't exactly used to the old world ways of European fjords in effigy, burning your future out of everyone's eyes. It's a hard sight to see, and when it's a drunken night in Irish pubs after 14 years of existential drift, dead memories are hard to down. I don't know. People are often confused when you have your blinders on, flying across a 7,000 mile maelstrom of what needs to be dealt to the San Francisco animal house of a west coast. Kind of sorta gotta run for the hills when Freddy Corbin can't even explain, but I found some kind of solace in that ladies night in Cole Hardware sights, while some old Gaelic songman tried to hit on a blonde. Every time, hits home most of the time. 

Now, I gotta learn to realize what that F***ing French snuff film that my host family showed me was about. Something about Baphomet's tits getting cut off. Gotta run!

• 5 weeks later...

Makar is a storyteller in old Scots.  I have spent my working life in nature connection - more than a job of course.  The planet needs us to appreciate it more than ever - Makars of the world unite!  Go out and get a dose of nature - lots of paths you can take in life just make sure some of them are dirt!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...