Simon Erl style

I don't think Sway is doing quite the same stuff as Erl but both are really good. Bailey H Robinson is a good comparision though.

Actually I think Simon Erl does this type of style and subjects the best, it's him I measure other against.

If given the right requests he pulls out amazing stuff, within this pretty narrow style. I love his level of contrast and ways of putting in shading, the whips are cool too. Even if he makes more detailed stuff it's always readable.

I mean, how great is this one? (recent example)

tumblr_nswpchss1D1qzpqyqo1_540.jpg

He tattooed me in 2013 in Stockholm, and is a nice guy to talk too also.

@cltattooing Hahaha yes it's true, a lot of grimdark coming from this guy. A body suit would push me to suicide, I'm sure.

Ha, right? That's mainly why I like to tattoo a variety of subject matter, I definitely consciously or subconsciously take a piece of my clients and their tattoos home with me at the end of the day. I definitely feel like that transference for me is a real thing and have compared similar experiences with most of my coworkers.

I'm sure it's a very real thing @cltattooing!

Today Chad Koeplinger braved the intense spectacle that is Stockholm Inkbash, filled to the brim of the worst side of tattoo culture, + a failing lamp that couldn't stay put on the table. And all thanks to looking at my bloody thigh being transformed to the image of a hopi indian in meditation posture, inside a hypnotic energy haze/lightning crash/I don't even comprehend. It was fun :)

Why does it have to be a style instead of an individual form of expression.

I hear ya - most art is personal expression in the end, but "categorizing" helps with people describing to others what they can't yet see (or hear, if we're categorizing music "styles").

I hear ya - most art is personal expression in the end, but "categorizing" helps with people describing to others what they can't yet see (or hear, if we're categorizing music "styles").

I suppose so. My take on it is that if you like how Simon Erl tattoos, go seek out a tattoo from Simon Erl rather than finding somebody else to give you an imitation of that.

I suppose so. My take on it is that if you like how Simon Erl tattoos, go seek out a tattoo from Simon Erl rather than finding somebody else to give you an imitation of that.

When me and the wife get to Europe I will try to do that. It's monetarily impractical for me to get a flight from the USA just for the reason of getting a tattoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk