Looking for Tattoo Help!

kvaz

Hi Everyone! My name is Kym and I'm looking for help in the tattoo world! I've had a few tattoos done that I didn't leave thrilled about and so I figured I better join a community where I could get all the help I can! I'm looking for artists in the bay area, and I specifically joined to find help with one tattoo in particular. Looking forward to talking with you all!

-K

Download the brag art list

It's an app that you can find on your app store for iphone and android and you input your location and it pinpoints all well known famous and seriously talented artists near you. It wont just pinpoint any old shop. Only the best of the best get on that list and it links you to their facebook and instagram etc so you can check out their work before you make your decision.

If you find it in the yellow pages move on!

Good luck.

@el twe I've heard this about the bay area, yet I had some work done that I wasn't happy with right here in the bay. Ugh, I should have done more research, but I went off of a referral from a friend and now I'm looking to fix it. I have a pretty unique yet specific thing I'm trying to address. I had a cover up done on my ankle. The cover up is very, very dark to the point that unless you're standing with your nose up to it looks like a black sock and I'm so unhappy with it, to the point of embarrassment. I know that in order to cover, it has to be dark but even the parts that were new ink are just as dark. I'm researching the idea of someone that can lighten it somehow and give it some depth and detail with white maybe? But I've heard mixed opinions about this. The artist who did the cover up told me it's just not possible, but I've read it and even heard from someone on this site that it is. I also want to add to it so that the addition will be brighter and possibly take the eye away from the dark.

So, I'm looking for an artist who can use white, or a technique or whatever they can to lighten a bit the tattoo I have and add to it as well. I'm starting to feel that I might be out of luck, which makes me so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

@9Years Oh, thank you so much!! I'll start my research there!!

@Kate0710 that is also a perfect start, an app... how convenient. Thank you guys for your help!!