Tattoos stretching?

Thepachary

Hello everyone

I'm considering on getting my first tattoo pretty soon. I want to get it on my upper right arm or behind my right shoulder. I work out, and I'm still a bit small in arm size since I'm kind of a small guy. And I have heard from people that once you get your tattoo depending where it is it can get morphed because of stretching, gaining weight, etc. But is any of that true? Haha, I want to get a tattoo and continue to work out and get my arms bigger, would it be a bad idea and mess up how my tattoo ends up looking after I get it and a few months of the gym?

You'll be fine. A few months? Unless you're going from snoop dogg to ronny coleman in a few months, you have nothing to worry about.

You won't be making any long lasting changes to your physique in just a few months. And once you take a break from the gym, your body will shrink back down pretty quickly.

Yes, it will stretch with your skin and since your skin is unlikely to stretch in a uniform way, it will deform your tattoo. But that's the nature of tattoos, whether or not you work out. You will gain or lose weight over your life, hopefully you'll live long enough to see your skin slacken and sag with age. Your tattoos will do the same. Living is going to "mess them up", as you put it. You can somewhat compensate for that by getting large tattoos by quality artists that fit your body well, avoid perfect circles or straight lines, and things like that, but it's ultimately unavoidable. I think that's part of what makes tattoos beautiful.