Intro

WorldBFree

Hello my name's Alex, I'm from Australia. I was raised in Sydney and live in Melbourne now.

I've travelled to heaps of countries around the world and will continue doing so if I'm fortunate enough.

I've only recently started getting into tattooing and appreciating the different sytles and artists out there. However, I've got a lot to learn.

I have two tattoos, one done as a comemorative tattoo in LA and another here in Melbourne. Both are fairly large pieces, one is black and grey realism style and the other is a brightly coloured neo-trad tat.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers... I like both pieces, and i'm very happy with both. But the first tat, the black and grey lady justice was such an awesome experience done in Lowrider studio in LA, artist was a totally chill dude, and the whole thing just went really well, the healing was immediate and no probs.

However, the wolf was more complicated, I did it with a pretty well known Aussie artist, and there are a few issues. For one I'm definitely no expert but I think the tattoo is chewed up and overworked because he was trying so hard to get the colour in. Its got all these weird streaks and heavy scarred patches where he did the orange. He instructed me to use plastic wrap for 4-5 days changing it regularly and I followed his instructions as well as did a lot of research on the the different approaches to the healing process, which is how I found this awesome forum.

The pic that I posted here not long after I got it with a filter.... but attached are the unfiltered pics. He left some unfinished bits and rushed it and was a bit of a jerk throughout the whole thing. He said he'll do a touch up straight away but has since ignored my emails for the past few months. He also charged me an extra $200 on top of his already pretty high fees for the artwork, which was close to what I wanted but not really.... but still I love his work and I do love the tat.

My question is does it appear overworked and chewed up to you guys? And should I go to another artist to rectify the different bits?

lxcDS

- - - Updated - - -

XrLkp

- - - Updated - - -

XrLkp

My question is does it appear overworked and chewed up to you guys? And should I go to another artist to rectify the different bits?

Yeah, I see what you mean about the streaks in the orange. But I don't see what is missing or needs to be finished. I think it looks great. Not much you can do about the areas in orange unless you wanted to make some big changes, or get in there with some accents in a darker color to distract from them. Although that could make the overall tattoo design look worse. It doesn't sound like you've had it for very long - I'd suggest giving it some time to heal and see how it turns out. It could settle in better, who knows. But I do like it!