Hey!

Smcook90

Hey, I'm Steven. I have been into tattoos for a few years and am always looking for unique variations on classic tattoos. For example, I want a tattoo with my children's birthdays, but don't want a simple date. I've thought about doing the planet's positions on their birthdays in relation to the sun. Do you guys have any interesting ideas like this?

Welcome Steven. I am curious why you would want to represent their dates of birth by something other than a tattoo of their dates of birth or their names? Since you asked, I think the idea of planetary positions is goofy, would probably be inaccurate unless you're an astronomer (not to mention that the tattoo aging would shift the alignment of the planets anyway), and just wouldn't have the strength that a simple but well-executed name tattoo would have. Interesting or unique ideas are often overrated when it comes to tattoos. Classics are that way for a reason.

Welcome, Steven! I just got my first tattoo. I originally thought I would do a small animal for each of my kids, but I couldn't settle on exactly what. I ended up doing a mandala and each ring represents one of my children. My artist also does astrology so he took each of their birthdays and incorporated elements from their signs into the design. That said, if anyone ever sees it, they will have no idea what it represents, but to me it represents my kids and it is also a design that moves me. So if you think outside the box, you can come up with something. Do you want the dates specifically or anything that pertains to each child? You could incorporate the season they were born? something that is a favorite of theirs (color or animal?)? ?? Good luck deciding!