Introduction- One tattoo and unfortunately I don't like it

annamageddon

It is "stark" though I wouldn't say it's harsh. Obviously it's your call but since you're asking for opinions, I think it's very feminine and quite pretty. I was a bit iffy about some of the details of my first (and only) tattoo but I've learned to love it and its imperfections. You will too! Do you have a healed picture?

http://imgur.com/RxZA90D

Here's the best I could get fumbling around with my cameras self timer function right now. Thank you I appreciate your input!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't usually feel it's my place to offer advice on here, but I also got kinda spooked after my first tattoo and would like to suggest that you don't hurry to change or add to this one...you might find that you feel very differently about it in a couple months. Maybe getting an unrelated tattoo that you feel really good about might give you some perspective on how to add to your rose later on. It's just that getting tattooed is way too much fun to focus on compensating for one you don't like right at the start. Hope this isn't condescending or out of line.

This is really great advice. Thank you I appreciate it. I think you're right that I should try to hold off. I got this tattoo in May so it's been a little while but not too long.

• 2 weeks later...

I second what @polliwog said. I think if you were to add to or modify your tattoo, you risk ruining it and then you'll really be unhappy with it. Take some time to draw breath. Relax. When you're ready, get another tattoo. Only then should you revisit this one and reassess. I think in time you'll learn to love it.

I think it's a great piece. Personally I think you should stick with the black and grey for this style. It's timeless, beautiful and will be easier to match with other tattoos in the future. Regarding adding a background, I think you could look at the work of Tamara Santibanez, Kane Trubenbacher, Spider Sinclair and Ruby Quilter for inspiration. They all create fineline black and grey work and they have work which is made up of several elements (like a back) similar to the style of yours. They also often add background detail which is very soft and beautiful. I also have a pale complexion and I have several tattoos which came out a little darker than expected and initially wasn't happy with but love them now. Yours already looks like it has softened a lot and will only soften more with time. Take care and enjoy your lovely piece.

I think it's a great piece. Personally I think you should stick with the black and grey for this style. It's timeless, beautiful and will be easier to match with other tattoos in the future. Regarding adding a background, I think you could look at the work of Tamara Santibanez, Kane Trubenbacher, Spider Sinclair and Ruby Quilter for inspiration. They all create fineline black and grey work and they have work which is made up of several elements (like a back) similar to the style of yours. They also often add background detail which is very soft and beautiful. I also have a pale complexion and I have several tattoos which came out a little darker than expected and initially wasn't happy with but love them now. Yours already looks like it has softened a lot and will only soften more with time. Take care and enjoy your lovely piece.

Thank you so much for your input! I'm already feeling so much better about the tattoo after the overwhelming support that I've received on this forum. I'm very much looking forward to looking into the artists that you've mentioned. Thank you so much for providing them. I really appreciate it. Thank you again, it really does mean a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

I second what @polliwog said. I think if you were to add to or modify your tattoo, you risk ruining it and then you'll really be unhappy with it. Take some time to draw breath. Relax. When you're ready, get another tattoo. Only then should you revisit this one and reassess. I think in time you'll learn to love it.

Thanks David! I think you and the others stating similar opinions are right. I should probably stick put for now or start planning my next tattoo. Thank you so much for your input! It really means a lot. I'm starting to feel a lot better about the tattoo after all the positive feedback that I've received on this forum.

Hi all. New with zero tattoos. 10 year anniversary coming up and want to get a small basic tat for my wife. I am a pilot for job and our married monogram is JET. Thinking of getting this in some way. Maybe kind of like the Boeing logo with the one of the letters circling with a basic arrow/stick airplane. Thoughts?

Hi all. New with zero tattoos. 10 year anniversary coming up and want to get a small basic tat for my wife. I am a pilot for job and our married monogram is JET. Thinking of getting this in some way. Maybe kind of like the Boeing logo with the one of the letters circling with a basic arrow/stick airplane. Thoughts?

Find an artist. Discuss your ideas. Get a tattoo. Then more. Oh, and start an intro thread of your own. We like pictures!

I personally think it fits perfect with your complexion

Thank you ToxicBarrels. The more I've been on the forum the more I think I should leave it as is for right now. I am wondering if maybe some white highlights on the especially dark areas would make me feel better but I am also thinking about what my next tattoo should be. Maybe I should just sit on these thoughts for a while. I really appreciate your and everyone's input. It means a lot to me.

• 2 months later...