Hello need help

XileBlue

I came to this site because I wanted some advice on a tattoo nightmare I just got curious if it was the artists fault or my own I used lubriderm lotion multiple times a day it developed a deep scab and the scab fell off and left a deep space with no ink I'm almost wondering if I wasn't alergic to the white ink I'll wait to post a photo until someone responds

Well, Im only about 20hrs under the needle young.

My artist from 2 sessions ago told me to ointment up 3/4 times a day (Sparingly) untll it was healed. Well as I would lube and sit, I always took a papertowel and gently blotted off excess, but sure enough, the ink was pulling out everytime. Guess I cant gauge "Sparingly" lol...

This sitting, my new artist told me to wash 3/4 times a day, don't use ointments, until its healed. I trust this guy like no other Ive met...

Honestly, I would guess your artist just hit your skin way hard, or you had some skin issues in that area, which caused the massive scab.

Worse comes to worse, can always have it touched up. Be warned: For me..... Tattooing over tattoos over tattoos hurts like no other.

@Lochli - if you put on enough lotion that you can "blot of the excess with a paper towel" then that's too much lotion and not enough rubbing it on.

I've had many little scabs - generally in places where skin folds or is near the belt line. You just need to take great care in not letting them get caught on clothing or cracking from extreme dryness. But sometimes no matter what you do, color can come out - I was pretty much anal about my healing but still had a couple small spots that needed a touch-up.

Oh, and welcome, @XileBlue!

A lot of factors could contribute to the scabbing. How often were you washing it and with what kind of soap? You also have to remember that a tattoo is an open wound and should be treated as so. I am covered in tattoos and I've only had one scab over and lose ink. Here is my routine...I was my tattoo with antibacterial, non-scented, soap. I use Aquafor for the first 3 days. Not a lot at a time but enough to keep the tattoo from being dry. After those three days I move to Jergens Ultra Healing (non scented) lotion for the remainder of the healing period.

Also, some colors are harder to keep in the skin than others. Hope this helps! :)

Hey XileBlue,

Idk if I have ever had scabbing that bad, do they give you a wrap, maybe tegaderm or something? I usually get one of those and you leave it on for 2-3 days before you take it off and apply anything to the tattoo. Once I take it off I put on a super thin layer of aquaphor healing ointment/lotion cause its thick, and I do that once a day, maybe twice until its all healed up. Never had an issue this way, ask about tegaderm or saniderm, some sort of wrap. Cheers!