Newbie, bird tattoo enthusiast

LadySparrow

Hello,

I have discovered this forum few days ago and since then I have read quite a lot of topics and I'm amazed by the friendliness of people here.

I decided to register to be able to add my opinions (occasionally) and ask questions (more likely).

I'm a female, after 30, from the middle of Europe, not native English speaker, please forgive my mistakes.

I got my first tattoo 7 years back, tribal phoenix and I had it improved/partly covered last Friday. There will be one more session after two months, when we can see how it heals and how the colours settle.

I had two more tattoo sessions this year, watercolour sparrow on my inner forearm and small text on the inner ankle.

I plan a tattoo of owl for the next year to add to my sparrow. And I don't think it will be the last one :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is my sparrow :)

Bird tattoos are great. I really love traditional swallows and sparrows. I recently got a swallow tattoo on my right shoulder/upper chest. At first I was concerned that bird tattoos would look too feminine but then I thought eff it, I'll get what I want.

My wife wants to get an owl tattoo wearing a little nurse's cap. She's a night person and works nights at a hospital so she's going for the whole night owl thing....says it will be "cute." I say more power to her if that's what she wants.

Yeah, pidjones, I'm very fond of watercolor tattoos, even if there is a risk that they will fade. I avoid the sun, most of the time I have my hand covered, I use sunblock and I moisturize a lot. So, I hope they will look nice for a long time.

Jar W, that's a lovely idea for a tattoo I would say.

Thank you for welcome :)

Hello,

I have discovered this forum few days ago and since then I have read quite a lot of topics and I'm amazed by the friendliness of people here.

I decided to register to be able to add my opinions (occasionally) and ask questions (more likely).

I'm a female, after 30, from the middle of Europe, not native English speaker, please forgive my mistakes.

I got my first tattoo 7 years back, tribal phoenix and I had it improved/partly covered last Friday. There will be one more session after two months, when we can see how it heals and how the colours settle.

I had two more tattoo sessions this year, watercolour sparrow on my inner forearm and small text on the inner ankle.

I plan a tattoo of owl for the next year to add to my sparrow. And I don't think it will be the last one :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is my sparrow :)

that's a really nice tattoo,I like it. :)

• 2 months later...

I will use this thread of mine for babbling about my planned tattoo.

The tattoo will be of creatures from Sandman comics. In upper part I want to have gatekeepers of Dreaming realm - wyvern, gryphon and hippogryph (it has a horse head here, not eagle). The wyvern of shoulder cap, the gryphon and hippogryph on sides of shoulder cap (will take up a part of back and collar), all with heads looking down on Morpheus in the shape of cat (from A dream of a thousand cats) who will take central part of my arm. Below, just above an elbow will be Desire in the shape of a cat pretending to be an aspect of Dreamlord, looking up on Morpheus.

It sounds complicated, but there are only five characters and the style is not really detailed.

I will try to get the consultation with the artist next week.

Very nice bird tattoo you have, @marley mission. The more I read through this forum, the more I appreciate the traditional tattoo. I don't think I ever get one, but before I didn't like it at all and now I like it on other people a lot :)

be open to your changing tastes in tattoos - my collection is pretty eclectic i think and it reflects the changes i have experienced in what i like and what i want on me - that said - tattoos are so much more than that - its been a fun ride for me thus far and i feel lucky that i have enjoyed getting tattooed by some really great artists and fun people - this is also a fun little spot so i hope you enjoy the site - if you havent already - check out the interview section - you'll be entertained and informed beyond your expectations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...