Greetings

Watauga

I got my first and last tattoo on my birthday this past Wednesday. I planned it for years. It took a long time to figure out the where on me, placement, etc. I also had to gather the courage to do it as well.

All in all I love it. I'm still in a lot of pain but it's better than it has been.

I got an ankle bracelet tat that is sort of wide in places. I normally walk or run eight to ten miles per day and I'm in withdrawal right now.

The reason I found this site was because of a thread on ankle tattoos and pain after.

My artist told me I'd be fine almost immediately. I have determined that to be untrue. I feel almost crippled at times.

This is the most beautiful injury I've ever suffered though and the only one I've ever paid someone to inflict on me.

Thanks for the welcome. 2 weeks? ��

Yeah the skin needs to heal. Having your socks with sweat against it is a big invitation for bacteria and you really dont want to get it infected. Plus from what i read and hear from others, leg tattoos are a b*tch to heal.

Has your tattoo peeled already or?

Lol if you make an Imgur account you can do it easily. You'll just upload the photo to Imgur and Imgur provides you with a link that you can share anywhere. It looks like there's also an "insert image" button right above this quick reply section as well (it looks like a little picture). That might work!

1) A lot of people say they're only getting 1...you'd be surprised. :)

2) Pain is temporary, awesome tattoos are forever. After some particularly painful sessions, I have fleeting thoughts of "Why the hell am I doing this? No more!" but they don't last long. Typically, I'm already thinking about my next one while in the chair.

3) Definitely not the worst start to being tattooed. It's one of those spots that's discrete when you want to be, and highly visible when you want to be. Big enough to give you a good taste of what it's like, but not so big that's it's overwhelming to sit through. Plus everyone is nervous for their first (I'm still nervous about every one) and nervousness can throw you off your game and make it harder to sit through.

That was my reasoning. Originally I was going to have a double helix tree trunk with a tree on top going up the outside of my leg. No way to really cover it in shorts. Only some parts of this will show in the summer for me as I normally wear anklet socks all the time as I sneak in walks and runs whenever I can.

It took me years to decide on this. This was my 50th birthday gift. I planned it from the time I was 35. With that math, might be my first and last lol

Yes, I thought wtf was I thinking? Happy birthday to me. I would have got up and walked out but, well, I'd have a half done tat haha

TC, thanks. I just got up and I'm not hobbling. It's a start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk