Hello from Portland, Or.

66pens87

Hello folks. My name is Ken and I have been reading threads on here for some time now. I just now made an account figuring I would mingle some. I have always been a huge tattoo fan. One of my Grandpa was just about sleeved both arms. Super old tattoos from WW2. I always loved looking at them as a kid. Plus my father has dozens of tattoos from the 60's and 70's up his whole arm. A little filler and he would be sleeved. Now me?? well I am 38, and just got my first tattoo 5 weeks ago. And since I got that tattoo in the short 5 weeks, I already have 3. Why did I weight until I was 38 to get tattooed if I loved them so much? simply I was a pussy. I was afraid of the needle. I was not afraid of the commitment...I was not afraid of what people would thing...Just that damn needle. And I was not even afraid of the pain. Anyways, One morning 5 weeks ago, a buddy and myself were wrecking some pancakes at IHOP at 6am, and while waiting for our food, I came across these Sailor Jerry Sparrow tattoos. I thought they were the coolest looking thing I have ever seen. So finished up breakfast, and at about 11am, I called this guy that is pretty good in the area. He said he had an opening at 5pm. Off I went and got 2 sparrows, one on each peck. then 4 weeks later, I went big and got a huge peacock on my right forearm at the Portland Tattoo Convention/Expo. Damn thing covers up my whole inside forearm...and I love it. The reason for the peacock is my dad also has a same sized peacock in the same location...but his is 40 years old. Well if your still around, thanks for reading this.

Thanks for responding. All of my grandpas tats were hand poked. But some nice pieces....big pieces too. Naked PIN UP that ran down his leg and a sword that went down the other leg. Will have to find some pics. Now m,y dad is still alive and well. He just sent me a pick of his peacock. Lets just say it has seen better days. I think I remember a Casper the friendly ghost flipping the bird. A red devil...to name just a few. I remember my dad looked so bad ass when I was a kid. Till this day, he wears 501 levis, haynes white t-shirt with the matching "wife beater" under it. Old spice cologne AND Red Wing boots. And to top it off, all the arm tattoos. never has changed that wardrobe my 38 years of living.