Traditional Japanese one-shot in Stockholm?

jubilantfawn

Hi folks,

Travelling to Stockholm for a couple days in December and would love to get a one-shot Japanese tattoo while I'm out there. Can you recommend any shops/artists I could get in touch with for a booking? I got a fun one-shot with an LA twist from Horisuzu at Dark Horse when I was over in the US a couple months ago, so I'm looking for something similar but with a Swedish influence this time.

Cheers

Have a look at my friend Iain Mullen who works at Imperial Tattoo. He's been tattooing for something like 17 years, can tackle anything really and is really good at listening to his clients (but without making compromises that will make the tattoo worse) and traditional japanese is what he does best. He did my back piece with Rudy Fritsch and probably about 7-8 other tattoos on me. Highly recommended and say hello from me!

@iainmullen on instagram

You can also check Joel Madberg, @joel_soos on instagram. He sometimes does some japanese traditional with his own twist to it, I think it's really cool. But mostly he's doing more american style work. He's a nice guy, fun conversations.

I know for a fact by the way that Iain is not very busy these days so I'm sure that you will be able to land a spot with him. Good luck!

Less traditional but I'll mention it since it's the only shop our house has experience with in Stockholm.

Calle from King Carlos tattoo does Japanese style tattooing, but it's more in the new school (think Shige, Jess Yen and similar).

Really nice guy, nice shop to visit but you'd need to enquire about the possibility of getting a one-shot. I think they have a walk-in day from time to time.

There's also another guy called Jonny in the shop who does similar work (very influenced by Calle actually).

• 3 weeks later...