repost of stupid idea?

cibo

if I may, I actually have a formulated opinion about this. Stick and pokes are all good and fun. I mean, who here hasn't seen an instagram post by a professional tattooer that he/she respects? Or even those ironic tattoos done by respected tattooers that look like kitchen jobs, but are essentially done because specific tattooers have built a reputation to the point that they can do those stupid tattoos and make a temporary fad (and I hate that word) out of it. I can think of one tattooer, however, and I'm sure there are many I haven't come across, who can do tattoos in that fashion and make it look good. It's the "bad ideas done well" idiom, which I totally back. That being said, the link that started this thread just seems like a clingy indie way of making money off something that should be done outside of the neatly formed package that it seems to promote. Without saying too much, tattoos are still gritty, and stick and pokes are still sacred. Fuck this stupid vegan bullshit. Why the fuck does someone need a kit for something that can be done in a sterile manner with a sewing needle, thread, and india ink. Fuck the internet.

haha this thread reminds me of a conversation I had with a visiting bud a few days ago.

my buddy has several stick n poke tattoos that he received from an old friend who made a name for herself internationally and has a following doing well-executed stick pokes. they are simple designs, pretty well done and it suits him.

we had a good laugh though...we are from 2 different worlds of the tattoo experience...he said he really enjoys how quiet it is to get a stick poke. I was like "fuck that. I want a coil machine louder than hell, about to blow up with Ramones blaring on the stereo. That's how you get a tattoo maan !" and then i joked about how his tattoos are made by an international star and my bodysuit was made in Edmonton by a dozen people most haven't heard or care about LOL.