OFF! (members of Circle Jerks, Black Flag, RFTC) arrested for theft of used fry oil

Jake

As reported on Pitchfork...

I want to add that their show at the Eagle tavern in SF should be pretty rad. Nothing better than seeing a punk show at a gay bar.

When you hear that someone involved in the hardcore supergroup OFF! got arrested, you might envision some sort of squalid punk rock exploits. As it turns out, the band is in pretty much the most innocuous sort of legal trouble imaginable. According to a press release, the band members were arrested in Arizona and are now facing criminal charges for the theft of waste vegetable oil from a restaurant. (Their tour van runs on vegetable oil.)

They'll face trial April 6, following their tour with the terrifying Sacramento band Trash Talk. As long as they don't all get sentenced to life in prison, after that, they'll head off on a headlining West Coast trek that includes a set at Coachella. We've got the band's dates below, as well as their video for "I Don't Belong", with extra behind-the scenes stuff.

OFF!:

03-23 Chapel Hill, NC - Local 506 *

03-24 Washington, DC - The Red Palace *

03-25 Baltimore, MD - The Ottobar *

03-26 New York, NY - Santos Party House *

03-28 Cambridge, MA - Middle East Downstairs *

03-30 Buffalo, NY - Mohawk Place *

03-31 Cleveland, OH - Grog Shop *

04-01 Detroit, MI - Magic Stick *

04-02 Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge *

04-03 Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock Social Club *

04-17 Indio, CA - Coachella Festival

04-21 San Francisco, CA - SF Eagle

04-22 Berkeley, CA - 924 Gilman ^

04-23 Portland, OR - East End

04-24 Seattle, WA - Neumo's

04-25 Vancouver, British Columbia - Fortune Sound Club

* with Trash Talk

^ with Thee Oh Sees

i saw the WM3 tour too, and last year i saw the Circle Jerks in SF play at a warehouse for this weird tattoo/skate fest thing. anyways, they were good, i just feel indifferent about OFF!. i think they're worth seeing once Jinx, but i don't think i'll be buying a ticket for the gilman show coming up.