I just pre-ordered the Tattoo Time reissue. I've read most of them, but the price tag for originals was a little too hard to swallow. Now, I got em all for less than the cost of one.

Picked up a copy at Tattoo City over the weekend. For 50 bucks, this is an absolute steal. Of course, I'd like an OG copy of Tattoo Time, but I don't have that kinda cash flow.

You have just made my year :-) will definitely be buying this for myself, do you happen to know if it's sold in the UK anywhere?

I've been wondering this too. I saw a post by Doug Hardy on instagram saying to buy from luckys supply (who are only taking orders by phone), hardy marks (who don't accept paypal payments from outside the US) or last gasp (who charge $45 to ship - doubling the cost of the book, before any potential customs charge gets added), but i'm yet to find any options domestically.

I've been wondering this too. I saw a post by Doug Hardy on instagram saying to buy from luckys supply (who are only taking orders by phone), hardy marks (who don't accept paypal payments from outside the US) or last gasp (who charge $45 to ship - doubling the cost of the book, before any potential customs charge gets added), but i'm yet to find any options domestically.

Doug Hardy said on Instagram that Book Mistress will be carrying it though I don't see it on the website yet.

BookMistress Home Page

I bought the deVita book in person from her at the Montreal convention and mentioned how expensive shipping was at Last Gasp (I was going to buy the deVita book from them but shipping would have more or less doubled the cost of the book) and she said that her shipping rates were more reasonable. Looking at her website she uses USPS so I would assume that her shipping isn't going to be crazy expensive.

Doug Hardy said on Instagram that Book Mistress will be carrying it though I don't see it on the website yet.

BookMistress Home Page

I bought the deVita book in person from her at the Montreal convention and mentioned how expensive shipping was at Last Gasp (I was going to buy the deVita book from them but shipping would have more or less doubled the cost of the book) and she said that her shipping rates were more reasonable. Looking at her website she uses USPS so I would assume that her shipping isn't going to be crazy expensive.

I just went through the buying process on bookmistress and the shipping shows as $69.65, bringing the total to nearly $120!

Sometimes it's tough being a little Englander :/

I just went through the buying process on bookmistress and the shipping shows as $69.65, bringing the total to nearly $120!

Ouch! So much for that recommendation!

Just tried for in Canada and shipping was ~$50. I guess I'll be sending the copy I buy to friends in the US and then picking it up when I visit them.

My bank account hasn't fully recovered from buying the Milton Zeis book yet and god dam Christmas and having to buy people presents. Half of me thinks I should wait until my funds recover the other half thinks I'm delaying the inevitable and I might as well buy it now!

the spidermurphy book is a great treat. there are a lot of great ones out there, but i got on this sight hoping to realy corispond with people and hope that people are willing to trade flash that they have made. i dont mean originals, but copies. if anybody wants to trade hit me up i have a ton of original stuff no money just trade copies.

The 30th Anniversary reissue of Tattoo Time is incredible! I had never had an opportunity to see the original magazines, but I have been pouring through this new edition. Essential!

Forever - The New Tattoo. I think it is great.

Underway Is The Only Way - Fantastic interviews and photos.

Stoney Knows How - Probably my favorite of the bunch.

We Are Tattoo - Thanks to D. Bragger for recommending it to me. I would have never even thought to look for it. Found it at Kinokuniya in SF Japantown.

New York City Tattoo - An Oral History of an Urban Art - Sadly out of print and really expensive now....

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've collected:

Bloodwork: Bodies

the Tattootime reissue

All the Horimouja sketchbooks

Filip Leu - Dragons 1 and 2

Gomineko Book's Japanese Mythical Creatures

The Japanese Tattoo

Bushido

Backpiece Tattoo

Tattoo History source book

Suits Made to Fit

All are great! It's hard to keep up with all the new books coming out when you're a student!

I just ordered the Tattootime reissues and am having them sent to a friend in NYC so I don't have to pay crazy expensive shipping for them and can pick them up at the end of the month. I am super excited for those.

A few months ago I found a $5 hardcover copy of George Burchett's Memoirs of a Tattooist on bookfinder.com, which is an insane price for that. A little while after that I found a copy of Dan Higgs' The Doomsday Bonnet in a used bookstore for $10, again an insane price. I am good at finding books.

Isn't it only $15 dollars to ship to Canada? That's what I paid to get the same book to Northern Ontario, and it arrived in 3 days!

EDIT: Oops, assuming you ordered from tattooflashbooks.com !

tattooflashbooks.com - Don Ed Hardy - Tattootime

Ah damn, I ordered through Book Mistress. I didn't actually look at tattooflashbooks.com because I don't think that they had it the last time I checked. No big deal though I'll have to look at them the next time I order books.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say how awesome Bookmistress is because her shipping is super fast. The friends I sent the books to got them within a day or two of my order which meant that they brought them up with them when they came for a visit, so I've had the books for a few days now. I probably don't need to say this but I will anyway, they are at least as good as everyone says they are and if you haven't bought them yet you really have to.