awaken

Greetings from San Diego!

Hey everyone! I'm a 20 year old college student just looking to talk tattoos with someone every now and again. I have one tattoo, and it's only 4 days old! In two weeks I'll be getting my second one, and I'm super excited. I hope you folks don't mind answering a couple questions I have regarding my tattoo. First, I notice a bit of blowout. I was wondering if a little bit of blowout is normal, and if it will go away. Secondly, I was not instructed to wrap it every day, so I have not been doing that. I have been, however, washing it and applying a bit of lotion on it twice a day. I want to know if I'll be alright just doing that, or if I need to take other measures as far as aftercare goes.

I'll provide photos :) Let me know what you all think! Thanx!

Welcome. It's hard for me to tell if what you're seeing is technically a blowout or just distortion from the healing tattoo (peeling skin or skin v. scab). Sounds like you're taking good care of it - not everyone re-wraps their tattoos, myself included, and have fine results. Keep doing what you're doing, and give it a few weeks before you get too worried about any little hiccups.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Hey guys, it’s just been one month that I’ve gotten my tattoo and I’m still experiencing muscle ache and very little weakness on my arm when I don’t put lotion on. When I do, I don’t experience this. Is it something I should be concerned about?
    • I'm getting lots of work done tonight! I'll be getting an all seeing eye in my elbow ditch, a rose on the front of my shoulder/chest area and one of those classic 'mom' tattoos with the heart and banner but with the text 'Myself' inside the banner.
    • https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/f/17-initiation/
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Thepachary
      Hello everyone
      I'm considering on getting my first tattoo pretty soon. I want to get it on my upper right arm or behind my right shoulder. I work out, and I'm still a bit small in arm size since I'm kind of a small guy. And I have heard from people that once you get your tattoo depending where it is it can get morphed because of stretching, gaining weight, etc. But is any of that true? Haha, I want to get a tattoo and continue to work out and get my arms bigger, would it be a bad idea and mess up how my tattoo ends up looking after I get it and a few months of the gym?
    • By Ortega760
      Hey guys! I am excited to join the sparrow community. I am looking forward to getting my first tattoo but need some advice from more experienced people.
      First, I need some ideas on my design. I want to get something that has to do with music. I want it to be original and good, that's why I am seeking help. I love all types of music but mainly electronic music. I also want to get an owl so it would be really awesome to have those two combined (i'm a guy so nothing girly).
      Second, where is a good place for it? I want it about the size of an adult palm and to be able to hide it. I was thinking of getting it on my upper back but i have acne marks/scars. Would that be a problem?
      Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this. I can't wait to see what you guys have in mind.
    • By NotExpected85
      Im new here and im hoping to get all kinds of great advice because im diving in Saturday and getting my FIRST tattoo!! Im scared, nervous and a giant chicken but i really want it! I want to get "Be Still" on my left wrist. (am i crazy for my wrist being first?) Be Still has meaning to me. Its from Exodus 14:14 and Psalm 46:10.
      Ill take ANY advice you have or suggestions! Lay it on me. Should I get it on my wrist? What should I expect for healing time (with normal healing and after care)?
    • By Jerms5
      So I joined the forum to learn more about others opinions and hopefully learn some new information too.
      I recently got my first tattoo in early December and I couldn't be happier about it! Maori tribals wrapped around my wrist like a wristband. I feel like it should be the base piece of what will eventually grow into a full arm to chest tattoo? Ill post a couple pics and hopefully you guys can give me some suggestions!
      Thanks so much guys!
    • By nina
      Hello! So this is my second intro post, but ive taken my original idea and reworked it, Just would like some feedback. Basically, the body drawings are rough sketches, of course the feathers would be done better and the little girl would look more like the one in the pic with the long quote. The quote ive shortened to "happiness is not the absence of struggle". There's a ton of meaning behind every inch of this design and I could explain it, but really im just looking for feedback on the tattoo aesthetically. Im planning on keeping it all black ink, but if you think colour would look nice somewhere, let me know! This will be my first tattoo so all the feedback is appreciated greatly. Keep in mind these are rough sketches and my artist (who I met today!! :D ) will be drawing it out more nicely. Im likely going to have to break it up into pieces and do it over the course of the year because of cost, opposed to squeezing it into a month or two. As far as pricing goes, what do you guys think? I just want to get a few more quotes before I commit to this shop. Thanks a million!
      cant get photos to upload on post.. check out my gallery :)

• Recent Posts

• Hey guys, it’s just been one month that I’ve gotten my tattoo and I’m still experiencing muscle ache and very little weakness on my arm when I don’t put lotion on. When I do, I don’t experience this. Is it something I should be concerned about?
    • I'm getting lots of work done tonight! I'll be getting an all seeing eye in my elbow ditch, a rose on the front of my shoulder/chest area and one of those classic 'mom' tattoos with the heart and banner but with the text 'Myself' inside the banner.
    • https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/f/17-initiation/
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Thepachary
      Hello everyone
      I'm considering on getting my first tattoo pretty soon. I want to get it on my upper right arm or behind my right shoulder. I work out, and I'm still a bit small in arm size since I'm kind of a small guy. And I have heard from people that once you get your tattoo depending where it is it can get morphed because of stretching, gaining weight, etc. But is any of that true? Haha, I want to get a tattoo and continue to work out and get my arms bigger, would it be a bad idea and mess up how my tattoo ends up looking after I get it and a few months of the gym?
    • By Ortega760
      Hey guys! I am excited to join the sparrow community. I am looking forward to getting my first tattoo but need some advice from more experienced people.
      First, I need some ideas on my design. I want to get something that has to do with music. I want it to be original and good, that's why I am seeking help. I love all types of music but mainly electronic music. I also want to get an owl so it would be really awesome to have those two combined (i'm a guy so nothing girly).
      Second, where is a good place for it? I want it about the size of an adult palm and to be able to hide it. I was thinking of getting it on my upper back but i have acne marks/scars. Would that be a problem?
      Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this. I can't wait to see what you guys have in mind.
    • By NotExpected85
      Im new here and im hoping to get all kinds of great advice because im diving in Saturday and getting my FIRST tattoo!! Im scared, nervous and a giant chicken but i really want it! I want to get "Be Still" on my left wrist. (am i crazy for my wrist being first?) Be Still has meaning to me. Its from Exodus 14:14 and Psalm 46:10.
      Ill take ANY advice you have or suggestions! Lay it on me. Should I get it on my wrist? What should I expect for healing time (with normal healing and after care)?
    • By Jerms5
      So I joined the forum to learn more about others opinions and hopefully learn some new information too.
      I recently got my first tattoo in early December and I couldn't be happier about it! Maori tribals wrapped around my wrist like a wristband. I feel like it should be the base piece of what will eventually grow into a full arm to chest tattoo? Ill post a couple pics and hopefully you guys can give me some suggestions!
      Thanks so much guys!
    • By nina
      Hello! So this is my second intro post, but ive taken my original idea and reworked it, Just would like some feedback. Basically, the body drawings are rough sketches, of course the feathers would be done better and the little girl would look more like the one in the pic with the long quote. The quote ive shortened to "happiness is not the absence of struggle". There's a ton of meaning behind every inch of this design and I could explain it, but really im just looking for feedback on the tattoo aesthetically. Im planning on keeping it all black ink, but if you think colour would look nice somewhere, let me know! This will be my first tattoo so all the feedback is appreciated greatly. Keep in mind these are rough sketches and my artist (who I met today!! :D ) will be drawing it out more nicely. Im likely going to have to break it up into pieces and do it over the course of the year because of cost, opposed to squeezing it into a month or two. As far as pricing goes, what do you guys think? I just want to get a few more quotes before I commit to this shop. Thanks a million!
      cant get photos to upload on post.. check out my gallery :)