Greetings from San Diego!

awaken

Hey everyone! I'm a 20 year old college student just looking to talk tattoos with someone every now and again. I have one tattoo, and it's only 4 days old! In two weeks I'll be getting my second one, and I'm super excited. I hope you folks don't mind answering a couple questions I have regarding my tattoo. First, I notice a bit of blowout. I was wondering if a little bit of blowout is normal, and if it will go away. Secondly, I was not instructed to wrap it every day, so I have not been doing that. I have been, however, washing it and applying a bit of lotion on it twice a day. I want to know if I'll be alright just doing that, or if I need to take other measures as far as aftercare goes.

I'll provide photos :) Let me know what you all think! Thanx!

Welcome. It's hard for me to tell if what you're seeing is technically a blowout or just distortion from the healing tattoo (peeling skin or skin v. scab). Sounds like you're taking good care of it - not everyone re-wraps their tattoos, myself included, and have fine results. Keep doing what you're doing, and give it a few weeks before you get too worried about any little hiccups.

• 4 months later...