eh from canada

akalei30

Hello.

I'm Ash.

I've been admiring tattoos for several years but didn't get my first one until I was almost 30. I have three now and plans to get a few more. I'm glad I waited to get them cause I remember the ideas I had when I was younger and I know for sure I wouldn't like for them to be on me now.

Currently I have an owl on my back, butterfly with the colour of my children's birthstones on my wrist and a scorpion on my ankle.

It says I can ask a question in my intro. I have a few but I'll ask the simplest one

Is it considered tacky or dumb to get more of one of the same thing. For example I love owls and as mentioned I have one on my back. Would it be stupid it I got another owl tattoo but like say way smaller and different style.somewhere else? Or would people be like "why do you have two owl tattoos weirdo?"

Thanks

Hi Ash,

Welcome aboard. I think you'll find that many of us have multiple versions of subjects. I have a few different roses, a couple of matching swallows, several stars, a few skulls, and probably more that I've forgotten. A friend of mine has a sleeve of different hawks. Some good advice: work on it with a good artist - placement is going to matter when you start getting multiples. Have fun - I wish I could go back and start again, not because I regret anything I've done, it's just that the process was so great.

Hey there, I agree with most of the other guys here. All up for multiples even if they are in the same style, just as long as they are spread out a bit and a different composition. I have a thing for snakes, butterfly girls and roses...would gladly fill my whole body with different versions of them.

eh EH Ash, welcome

not a silly question or idea

i've got lots of multiples:

-birds: 2 cranes, 1 eagle, 1 falcon, 1 headless owl, 1 dove + 3 background bird shadows

- 3 monkeys

- 3 snakes

- 2 dragons (well 3 if you count the fine detail on my back, 4 if you count an upcoming surprise)

- 2 Saints + 1 monk

- bunch of bugs

I'd get more scorpions !

the best part of tattoos is you can get whatever you want

tattooing is yours and what you make of it. so enjoy !

Iagree with what the guys wrote already. I don't have any tattos yet but I have already booked two tattos (one for December, one for March 2016) which both will have a skull combined with other objects, they will be made by 2 artist with different styles and placed one on my leg the other on my rib cage.