Tattoo Blowout

AuntTudie

The blowout on my forearm wasn't too bad, but then the artist tried to "fix" it by putting a very black background around it to hide the blowout, which made it way too dark and really blew the whole tattoo. That's why I get lasered tomorrow morning.

I've got some fuzz around the edges of my candy hearts and more on one of my older, rose tattoos. Doesn't really bother me when its happened and I've never considered going back to get them changed. I love art and its all unique and imperfect, but I can see how it would bother other who didn't view their tattoos in the same way.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the upload function is working again I'll post the blowout issue I had. I really think there is a difference in what happened on my arm and a couple of fuzzy lines. All tattoos are a little off doesn't really apply here.

Again, good tattooer, great shop, bad luck. The problem is that I hate it but my current artist is going to try a couple of things to fix it.

First image is Last Week (its about 10 mos)

IMG_0926.jpg

The next day

IMG_0104.jpg

This a month or so after.

IMG_0158.jpg

Edited by El Dolmago

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 3:38 PM, AuntTudie said:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I have googled my ass off and can not find much information about Blowout. Maybe it is a taboo subject. I mean,what artists are going to admit they have done blowouts? But they are out there and always a possibility and they are mostly permanent. I have learned that certain areas are prone to blowout. The "ditch", foot , wrist to name a few.

Questions that I can not seem to find the answers to-

I read a lot that some blowouts can be fixed by adding a little shadow. In that case, it it possible that you will make an even bigger mess if the shadowing" blows out also?

How long should you give your tattoo to heal and let some of your blood carry the ink away before you try the fix of shadowing? (I really don't want a shadow)

I thought I was very knowledgeable about tattooing. I am a collector and read a lot about tattoos and technique. I knew about blowout. But I thought you only risked that with crappy artists. Now I read that even the best artists have it happen now and then because of the area. As an artist, do you warn your clients about possible blowout in certain areas?

Yes, yes, I am whining and want answers because I do have a blowout and it seems to be spreading. It has not been quite a week yet. I had more bruising than normal this time. It is on an arm that I had surgery on 5 years ago. I have permanent damage to the muscles and have some limited movement and my arm is very flabby. Could this be the cause? I am pretty sick to my stomach about it. My artist is wonderful, and I believe very talented. I sent him a pic. He said to send him another photo close to our next appointment. He also reassured me that it is fixable. But it seems to have gotten a little lighter but more spread out now.

Please move this post if it is in the wrong category. Someone slap me please.

He or she probably Went to deep but over time It will go away

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple newbie questions re: blowout:

1) Is blowout something that only happens during healing, or can it happen any time throughout the life of the tattoo?

2) The the other info I've read here regarding blowout says you have to wait until the tattoo is fully healed to truly know how the lines are going to settle and look in the long run. I know everyone heals differently and at a different pace, but in general after how man you weeks/months can you look at your tattoo and say "yep, those lines are blownout and theyre probably not going away?"

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I'm just going to post this into this topic, i hope it isn't wrong.

I've got my very first tattoo five days ago. Everything seemed perfectly fine, until 2 days ago, when i started to notice slight greenish tone around my tattoo. I'm scared it may be a blowout? I've came across many blowouts while researching it, but i'm still not sure if it is a blowout, or is it just a bruise (i know i will see that after some time, but i'm just scared). I can see this greenish hue around my tattoo more in poor lighting and from far away - when i'm in direct sunlight and closeup, i can't notice it as much, but it is definetely there. It doesn't look as noticable on the photos as it is in real life. I would really appreciate an opinion on that.

hkkh.jpg

IMG_4986.JPG

32 minutes ago, Spela said:

I'm just going to post this into this topic, i hope it isn't wrong.

I've got my very first tattoo five days ago. Everything seemed perfectly fine, until 2 days ago, when i started to notice slight greenish tone around my tattoo. I'm scared it may be a blowout? I've came across many blowouts while researching it, but i'm still not sure if it is a blowout, or is it just a bruise (i know i will see that after some time, but i'm just scared). I can see this greenish hue around my tattoo more in poor lighting and from far away - when i'm in direct sunlight and closeup, i can't notice it as much, but it is definetely there. It doesn't look as noticable on the photos as it is in real life. I would really appreciate an opinion on that.

it's hard to tell now,wait til it's fully healed in 3 or 4 or 6 months,besides,there is nothing you can do now anyways ! I can't tell if it's blowout or not,

for now,relax,enjoy it,take care of it,plan your next one,and wait and see what it looks like in 6 months.

honestly it looks ok to me.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SStu said:

I'm not sure that that camera angle is giving us an accurate view to determine, but it's also not something that I would particularly worry about either, if it was on me . . . 

sorry for the bad angle, but the lines seem smudged..

usually does this happen on the elbow? minor 'blowouts'?

Edited by Flied

1 hour ago, Flied said:

i understand, but like mentioned on some online articles, it happens very frequently or almost all the time on palms, feet, fingers.

like sstu said,it can happen on anyone anywhere by any tattooer,I have blowout on my neck.at the same time I have tattoos on my hands and fingers that have no blowout.

and besides,whatever you are seeing in your tattoo,

first, it's not that big a deal IMO from the pic you posted,it looks tiny,

second, there is nothing you can do about it now,

third, stop looking at your tattoo with a magnifying glass and enjoy it.

what answer are you after here ?

Edited by Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...