What do you think of this artist?

Vhiden

I mean, I guess she's not the WORST. I wouldn't go to her personally. I don't think she uses enough black in either black and gray or color tattoos. Her b+g doesn't have enough contrast and doesn't pop out at you that much and a lot of it is mostly just one tone of gray. This is really evident in the healed pictures she's posted. I actually think her old stuff (I looked her up on Instagram) is a lot darker and has more contrast, I'm not sure why she started going so much lighter. Her color work is also really flat and drab looking, in my opinion.

I'm no expert but I would be concerned about the lack of line. I have pretty big black and grey flowers on my arms (first tattoos) and the artist convinced me to go with a line instead of just shaded stuff. Am soooooo glad he did now.

Can you explain why?

Because the lines are what makes it pop for me. If I had just had shaded flowers with no line they would probably look like a big load of mush now. The lines are what holds for the longest in a tattoo after all and give it the whole structure. My flowers are quite realistic but would be lost without it. That's just my opinion.

Could you please post a photo?

its gonna come down to your persoanl preference as for style - i would say that on these boards there is a general preference towards bold traditional styles of tattooing - that said - you are the wearer of the tattoo - so if you are drawn to a particular style then go for it - your tastes may change - my collection has examples of both bold traditional style and also some portrait style tattoos that dont have bold outlines - some examples:

the bold:

image_718309_thumb.jpg

and not so bold :) :

image_395866_thumb.jpg

the general rule is that the more bold traditional styles age better - but life is a pretty uncertain affair so go with what floats your boat right now - sometimes putting in the research, etc is a great idea because you get a good feel for what to expect on the skin - in the immediate and in the future - but tattoos are so much more than this - anyway - enjoy the process and go get tattooed - and then show us of course :)