slang terms that make you cringe?

JAllen

One thing that is weird that seems to bother me and some may find it a little strange is when people say they want to incorporate something into their tattoo. I don't think there a heard single good idea after the word incorporate as far as a tattoo is concerned. I find most people use this word because they want some lettering hidden in something or some other weird thing that doesn't make a very good tattoo. But I also hate when people use the word awesome, well i would say overuse it. Because think about what actually is awe inspiring vs what people refer to as awesome but that my weirdness on the matter.

saw somone online today use 'toos

how lazy can you be, just type the extra letters and make it tattoos..

my biggest cringe though is people who spell it tattoo's there's no apostrophe in the word!!!!!!!!!! Learn how to spell your own trade!!!

And of course the obvious ones that have been mentioned - tatt gun, leg sleeve, tatted up, tattys.... I think the next asshole who tells me I'm all tatted up might get a dick/vagina punch.

Actually I'm gonna also add another.. Don't tell me I'm all tatted up or 'damn you gots all kind of tatts' because I FUCKING KNOW I HAVE TATTOOS THEY ARE ON ME.

Actually I'm gonna also add another.. Don't tell me I'm all tatted up or 'damn you gots all kind of tatts' because I FUCKING KNOW I HAVE TATTOOS THEY ARE ON ME.

God damn how could I forget about this one... I always want to reply "and your point is?" to customers at work but I would be pretty much kissing my tips goodbye then.

But I also hate when people use the word awesome, well i would say overuse it.

David,

I'd probably make you nuts, I intentionally overuse awesome all day long. It's actually intentional, it's like a personal joke between me and myself, I do know that it drives some people crazy. It's almost like how some people judged and discounted me 25 yrs ago when I got my nose pierced, I know that some people make a judgement about me for saying "that's totally awesome" all day long. Got to keep the haters away somehow. I also like to say hecka. You should try it, just for one day, you might find that you also enjoy the awesome lifestyle.

David,

I'd probably make you nuts, I intentionally overuse awesome all day long. It's actually intentional, it's like a personal joke between me and myself, I do know that it drives some people crazy. It's almost like how some people judged and discounted me 25 yrs ago when I got my nose pierced, I know that some people make a judgement about me for saying "that's totally awesome" all day long. Got to keep the haters away somehow. I also like to say hecka. You should try it, just for one day, you might find that you also enjoy the awesome lifestyle.

I will have to try it. It sounds awesome.

I intentionally overuse awesome all day long. It's actually intentional, it's like a personal joke between me and myself, I do know that it drives some people crazy.

I absolutely overuse the words awesome and fantastic. At times it even annoys myself, but I'm pretty into it.

my biggest cringe though is people who spell it tattoo's there's no apostrophe in the word!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kind of a live and let live type... none of the slang for tattoos bothers me. However, when I read Ursula's post I had to agree. For some reason misuse of apostrophes has been really bothering me lately. Maybe because I'm a teacher...

The misuse of apostrophes irritates me too!

Just heard someone I didn't even know I had added on Facebook say my new tattoo is "so slick", before asking, "how much for a cool tat lyk dis?". Needless to say the comment and person's profile aren't on my Facebook page anymore. Argh.

The misuse of apostrophes irritates me too!

Just heard someone I didn't even know I had added on Facebook say my new tattoo is "so slick", before asking, "how much for a cool tat lyk dis?". Needless to say the comment and person's profile aren't on my Facebook page anymore. Argh.

Yeah the typing "lyk dis" annoys me so much. "ay wat u chrge 4 a siqq tat lyk daT?" ..worst.

I also got called a "trad guy" the other day. irritating.

Steve, that annoyed me there and I knew you were joking! Reminds me of being in high school, and the way charvers would talk to you- I'm a young'un so MSN and MySpace were huge in school. Oh dear.

I've been called a "tradish lass", I didn't realise there were other stupid people who said stuff like that!

Some kid with a stupid cap said to me, "I like your art" on the bus before, and I don't get why that annoyed me.

• 2 weeks later...

When someone says "nice work", I immediately know they have a great eye for the "ink" aesthetic. They should just fart on my salad and get it over with.

With all due respect, the concept of an exclusionist dialect for "tatterz only" is about as "awesome" as the fact that a bud of mine was not allowed to buy an issue of TAM that his "sik work" was in. Multiple times. In one issue. Wait, my disgusting ass is going to be in an upcoming issue. I'll guess I'll have to kiss some "fantastic" "ink under the pink artiste" ass to get a hold of an "amazing" issue. All tattoos are "amazing." I am an "amazing collector." I hate language. I hate tattoos. God Bless.

Steve, that annoyed me there and I knew you were joking! Reminds me of being in high school, and the way charvers would talk to you- I'm a young'un so MSN and MySpace were huge in school. Oh dear.

I've been called a "tradish lass", I didn't realise there were other stupid people who said stuff like that!

Some kid with a stupid cap said to me, "I like your art" on the bus before, and I don't get why that annoyed me.

It was probobly the headwear.

You've seen what happens to hats that piss me off and it aint pretty.

I love when after a quick passing glance when someone feels the need to yell 'I like your ink/art/work/tatts/sleeves'

How can you tell that I have nice ink when you've taken about 2 seconds to glance over my forearms.

It's been a while so I knew I was due for one but the other day I had a "are they real tattoos" and when I said yes, she asked me again just to make sure.