JAllen

slang terms that make you cringe?

If you refer to your tattoos in any way as an "investment" you're even worse with money than I am, and I'm bad at money.

an investment huh? HA HA HA, "man, I hate to do it, but i'm gonna sell my 2 forearm tattoos to pay for my new back tattoo"

an investment huh? HA HA HA, "man, I hate to do it, but i'm gonna sell my 2 forearm tattoos to pay for my new back tattoo"

Good thing that you got nice forearm tattoos that appreciated in value! Because I've spent all this money on tattoos and I can't sell them for shit.

I can't stand hearing 'Trad' 'Neo-Trad' 'Jap' or 'Trad-Jap' (I've heard this more than once) I also can't help but cringe when I hear 'I recently got inked' or 'Nice ink' That shit just irritates the shit out of me!

People who call tattoos on women "tramp stamps" & think they're using a hilarious and novel insult are the best. You got me pegged, dudes. I am SUCH a ho.

Women with lower back tattoos are tough as shit...that spot was one of the worst and on par with the back of the knee.

People who call tattoos on women "tramp stamps" & think they're using a hilarious and novel insult are the best. You got me pegged, dudes. I am SUCH a ho.

The only upside of this being such a common derogatory remark is that now, since I have a handful of tattoos, I get to verbally eviscerate any untattooed idiots that say it when I'm around, and they can't say shit.

Never had anybody suggest it about me, personally, but my friends do have excellent survival instincts, as a rule.

Heh, i give my sister shit about having a tramp stamp (lower back tribal) all the time but she knows im not really serious im just being a shit.

Mostly agree with whats been said in the thread but i dont get the dislike for "trad." Its just short for traditional, whats the problem? Oh well, i try not to care too much about things like these cause they really dont matter and i have plenty of things to get mad about as is. Doesn't mean hearing "sweet ink brah" wont make me immediately think less of a person though...

Typically the slang terms are coined by those who aren't tattooed in order to somehow make themselves feel better (superior?).

And from game show hosts like Ladyface Navarro...

The latest is "Under boob". It's called the sternum, idiot.

So my thigh tattoo is "under sack"?

I'm getting too old for this shit...

For the sake of discussion, that area is distinctly below the sternum and should probably be referred to as the diaphragm. You could also go with xiphoid process if you really want to stick with sternum terminology, but it's still even below that.

For the sake of discussion, that area is distinctly below the sternum and should probably be referred to as the diaphragm. You could also go with xiphoid process if you really want to stick with sternum terminology, but it's still even below that.

Alrighty then. Under boob it is! :cool:

Typically the slang terms are coined by those who aren't tattooed in order to somehow make themselves feel better (superior?).

And from game show hosts like Ladyface Navarro...

So my thigh tattoo is "under sack"?

I'm getting too old for this shit...

What if it extends all the way across the lower bra line? Would you not consider that "under boob"? I get that the phrase sounds kooky though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Hahahah @SteelByDesign I love it! I live in Pittsburgh. 🙂
    • I'm actually born and raised in Cincinnati! My dad is from near Pittsburgh, and I still have a lot of family there but was raised as a fan from the beginning.  My artist was a Bengals fan and grumbled throughout but did a great job!
    • Well, it's been almost a year so now I'm excited to have booked my next piece while on vacation in Austin a month from now! I'm in with Jon Sproul at Moon Tattoo and he's going to be filling in the last remaining spot on my leg, so (once reasonably healed) I'll be posting in both the Latest Tattoo Lowdown and the Squidpants threads. 
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By Steve
      Thread closed - this falls under this rule:
      Do not start threads asking about specific tattooing equipment or techniques, LST is not here to teach anyone how to tattoo. Ask your own tattooer, the next time you are getting tattooed. Maybe they'll answer you, maybe they won't.
      http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/misc.php?do=vsarules
    • By Thewaydown
      Hello, I am 26 years old and I reside in the state of Utah. I have a few tattoos, one of which I am looking to get covered up. I am new to the forum.
      The tattoo in question is a 1/3 sleeve (almost a half sleeve, it starts about an inch and a half above my elbow. It is completely filled in (there is basically no skin showing, besides the inside of by bicep) It is of a graveyard that I got done when I turned 18, hasty to get a new tattoo by a bad ass dude. I have another tattoo by the same guy which I love, just over the years, I have started to hate the graveyard. It has a lot of black lines (trees, gravestones, fence, grass) some lighter green for the grass, some brown in the trees, grey for the headstones, and red/dark purple for the sky.
      I have already heard the whole "you should just learn to live with it and deal with it" spiel and I disagree.
      The cover up I want isn't the most traditional, I guess. I have gotten really into "blackwork" and "dotwork", and I would really like to completely black out the half sleeve. My question is: Would it look like shit if I just went and got the tattoo completely blacked out over the top of it? Would it look completely obvious that it was a cover up, or would it just not look as solid and it would had I just gotten an all black half sleeve to begin with?
      Thanks, this is probably an amateur question, but no one I know has been able to give me a clear answer.
      thewaydown
    • By OutOfIdeas
      Haven't been around for a while as I don't have regular Internet access, but I had a quick question...
      I've heard and read tons of info on tattooing over scars, and the results of. My question is sort of the opposite.
      I'm hoping to do a full chest piece over the next month or two, and I'm quite excited for it. My only concern is that at some point in the next 5 years or so, I will be having heart surgery, replacing the valves due to a lifelong condition.
      When they do the surgery, chances are (as I understand it) very low that it will be an open heart surgery similar to the one I had as a child, but if that did happen what effect would it have on the tattoo? I realize it will mess it up considerably, but does anyone know if it would leave fresh, skin toned scar tissue that could eventually be touched up, or will it just be a jumbled mess of ink? Does anyone have experience with scarring over tattoos, either by surgery or accident or anything? I've never heard anything about it, but I'm certainly not the most educated tattoo wise, being from a small redneck town...
      I realize the best possible idea would be to wait until after the surgery, but the chances of having open heart as opposed to the surgery done by camera (laparoscopic?) is very low, and I'm mostly just asking out of curiosity rather than concern...
      Thanks for any and all input/advice
    • By else
      So - here's my dilemma.
      My goal is "squid pants". And I honestly don't really care much what all goes into them. I have a (short) list of things that I don't want... but otherwise I care more about just having good looking work on me. I want "fancy" legs. That's it.
      So how do I convey this to potential tattooers without sounding like a total flake? I worry that if I say "I don't care, do whatever you want, except for "x" things" they'll brush me off as someone who is in it just for some kind of status thing or something... which isn't the case at all. It's VERY personal to me. It's just that I'm not attached to any specific imagery.
      I don't want to "overshare" with my tale of woe about why exactly I need fancy legs... but I don't want to get written off either...
      Any advice?
    • By Delicious
      I am tired of hearing this question and I am barely tattooed. anytime one of my TWO tattoos show, it is always the same question. How much it cost and what does it mean. The price part I answer truthfully, they always get sticker shock though. And always the reply is, "Oh my boy did mine for 20 bucks, you should hit him up" as they show me the most messed up cheetah tattoo I have ever seen.
      Then they go into this big long tirade about the fact tattoos are supposed to have meaning. "Blah blah blah my tattoo means x, y, z, and for my dead parakeet when I was three and my abandonment issues and how I have become stronger as a person."
      Then they stop and ask me if tattoos really hurt, because they have all these tattoos planned but are afraid it will hurt, and they dont like pain!
      it gets old, quick. and I only have 2 tattoos. How do you more covered people deal with this kind of bs? I am assuming you get it alot more than I do but honestly, I would feel like punching people if I had way more tattoos to be demanded on the spot to explain, give the cost, then listen to other people's future tattoo plans.
      A quick aside, I like telling people how much my tattoos cost, because the ones who want them but hate to pay, it makes them reconsider really getting a tattoo.