slang terms that make you cringe?

JAllen

that's repulsive. Tattoo shop in a nudie store? I'm outraged.

Can you get me the address of that place so i can go tell them how upset i am?

And do they have peep booths?

bwahahahaha!!!!!

That's REPULSIVE. Tattoo shop in a nudie store? I'm outraged.

Can you get me the address of that place so I can go tell them how upset I am?

And do they have peep booths?

I don't know the exact address,but it's off 6th avenue.not sure about the peep booths.You may have to stick whatever body part you want to get tattooed through a glory hole though-you know- for anonymity.It gives me an idea for when you get an obnoxious customer.......a ball gag!I think the place is called pricks & pricks,I know it's off 6th ave. but I could be wrong about the name though.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at an offsite work event yesterday and a woman from our LA office saw my sleeves when I rolled up my shirtsleeves. She has a tattoo of upside-down script on her wrist--in all red--so I already knew how this was gonna go.

"Can I ask you some questions about your ink? Because I just love ink. I wear some myself--but obviously not as much ink as you do. I only wear about three pieces of ink."

Every time she said "ink," I cringed.

"Can I ask you some questions about your ink? Because I just love ink. I wear some myself--but obviously not as much ink as you do. I only wear about three pieces of ink."

I wear some myself.

I got a weird one a few weeks ago regarding my Ganesha tattoo.

Her: I love Ganesh!

Me: Me too! (matching her enthusiasm)

Her: Obviously not as much as you.

Um, okay.

1. Having my machines referred to as guns. 2. Having strangers yell to me on the street that Im "tatted up". 3. (And this technically is not a term but....) Having clients come into the shop and say.." I wanna get my sleeve done today" With absolutely no clue as to what they want tattooed, as though I have a library of books of pre drawn full arm pieces and they have the tolerance and money to get 18 hours worth of work done in a single sitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm late to the party!

Most slang terms and phrases irritate me. I think since I write about tattoos I might notice it more, which is a bit pap. People who say a tattoo is "sick as fuck" are my current pet peeve- if you look at any tattoo on the Tattooist Art facebook page, you will see over 100 "sick as fuck!"s.

One thing which really made me laugh though- I got a little unwell last year and had to stop working for about a week. A good friend of mine who doesn't really know much about tattoos kept an eye on my site while I was away, and someone posted up a message asking where in Newcastle was great for some "ink". She told him to have a look in Newcastle Arts Centre and Amazon, and to ask a tattoo artist if they're looking for tattoo ink, having no idea the guy actually meant to say "tattoo". He was a bit pissed off and thought she was being sarcastic, but it really shows how stupid that word is for a tattoo. If it was just ink, we'd all be walking around with sharpie marks on our arms which we'd have to get re-done every day!

Just remembered another one- while I was working on a friend's desk at his studio, a girl came in and told me about the "stories" she wanted. If she stayed about 10 seconds later than she did, I'd have probably ended up laughing in her face. Stories?!

I don't know the exact address,but it's off 6th avenue.not sure about the peep booths.You may have to stick whatever body part you want to get tattooed through a glory hole though-you know- for anonymity.It gives me an idea for when you get an obnoxious customer.......a ball gag!I think the place is called pricks & pricks,I know it's off 6th ave. but I could be wrong about the name though.

Crazy Fantasy Tattoo

I wear some myself.

I got a weird one a few weeks ago regarding my Ganesha tattoo.

Her: I love Ganesh!

Me: Me too! (matching her enthusiasm)

Her: Obviously not as much as you.

Um, okay.

Ok that made my day lol.

I personally HATE the term "tramp stamp"...especially when it is used by tattoo artists. They forget that the lower back started out as a favourite place for guys before girls adopted it....not saying guys cannot be tramps before someone jumps on me lol

Stories? Like.. text???

No, they were all pictures, and all about a square inch big. They represented some horse who died, about five dogs who died, some rabbit... this lass shouldn't have any more pets. And she thought I cared about it enough to listen to her drone on about it as well, haha. I don't understand some people!