Moles and tattooes?

Sick

Hey.

I have a few small moles - very very small, not raised at all, more like someone dotted my skin with red ink - on my biceps and triceps and I plan to have a tattoo there...should I find a new spot?

Also, i had a tattoo about 3 months ago and after it i felt like a small bumb on it, I thought was like an alergic reaction -cream it and it didn't go away. On further inspection is a little mole. Should I get this checked?

I am kind of paranoid and never though about moles and tattoo because I don't see myself as a person with lots of moles but if you look closely there are some there...I want a tattoo not to die so.

Advice?

Thanks!

Agree, it's better to not tattoo on the moles. At least then you can monitor your health by making sure the moles aren't growing or changing colour.

I've got a big tattoo where a major part of the outline breaks to bypass the mole. Other tattoos where there is a water bubble or someother detail around the mole. On the flipside I got a tattoo on my neck where we just ran it over NFG and now I got a mini black skin tag. meh

You aren't going to die, relax and enjoy :)

Agree, it's better to not tattoo on the moles. At least then you can monitor your health by making sure the moles aren't growing or changing colour.

I've got a big tattoo where a major part of the outline breaks to bypass the mole. Other tattoos where there is a water bubble or someother detail around the mole. On the flipside I got a tattoo on my neck where we just ran it over NFG and now I got a mini black skin tag. meh

You aren't going to die, relax and enjoy :)

I agree,

and here is what one of the artists did on me,most experienced good artists will not tattoo over moles.

mole.jpg

We just went around mine, leaving a little ring of un-tattooed skin around so that I or my dermatologist can see any changes in the moles' borders. I've got too much skin cancer in my family to risk not being able to see an abnormality. (If they're flat and look like little pinpricks of red ink, they may not be moles, but tiny capillary growths called cherry hemangiomas. I've got tons of those.)

Ugh, I guess this means I need to see a dermatologist about having some moles removed. I have quite a few on my back, arms, chest, etc. Can't just tattoo around all of them. And I definitely have some that have been tattooed over already.

Me too. I've had some experienced artists go over them and they look fine. I had one artist that pissed and moaned about my moles and went around a couple.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a few small moles that could easily be navigated around for the most part.

There is on on my collar bone just right of centre. it has grown and itches and forms a fine flaky crust occasionally. I showed it to my doctor a year ago and said it was nothing to worry about. I showed it to him again 2 weeks ago and its still nothing to worry about although it's bigger. Apparently it's actually a keratosis, a sign of aging! No more chance of becoming malignant than any other bit of skin.

It is an area I envisage getting tattooed eventually so I may look at getting it removed anyway. Who nows how big it will get if left alone!

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...