Ass tattoos

Come on, once you get most of your thighs done and the backpiece is in place (not covering the your whole behind) sooner or later a time comes for getting the ass tattooed. Am I right? Would look really weird of you saved that part of your body but covered the rest. Personally I'm leaning towards marquesan style tribal, but haven't really thought too hard about this yet.

So for those of us who was not smart enough to extend the backpiece the whole way down, what are good type of designs/subjects/styles to be put bellow the belt? This is a threat to discuss and post pictures of your favorite tattoos centered around the butt.

I have a large side torso piece that came down a little on one butt cheek,and all I can say is for me the butt is the most painful place I have ever gotten a tattoo.I like showing my tattoos,and I can show most of them with shorts and a tank top,but a ass tattoo would be the weirdest one to show off ! LOL

I'm in the middle of working on a thigh piece and it extends up to the crease where your butt meets your leg...the worst pain for tattooing yet, and it's just barely on the butt. I can only imagine what the actual butt feels like. :o

I have no idea what I'll have done on my back, but I'm thinking traditional, which seems like a style that's able to pull off stopping above the butt. I might get two goofy tattoos on each cheek someday for my eyes only!

Waves and rocks, my backpiece extends all the way down.

Black in the crack, it creates a shadow effect, to make the tattoo fit naturally on the buttocks.

Go as deep as you and the tattooer feel comfortable with. If you don't, you'll be wishing you did and you will hesitate returning to the painful memories.

My ass tattooing session was a very valuable lesson in humility and vulnerability.

Plus my black ass looks fantastic now.

You should definately bring a wooden spoon or ask your tattooer for a piece of old leather to bite down on. Seriously.

Waves and rocks, my backpiece extends all the way down.

Black in the crack, it creates a shadow effect, to make the tattoo fit naturally on the buttocks.

Go as deep as you and the tattooer feel comfortable with. If you don't, you'll be wishing you did and you will hesitate returning to the painful memories.

My ass tattooing session was a very valuable lesson in humility and vulnerability.

Plus my black ass looks fantastic now.

You should definately bring a wooden spoon or ask your tattooer for a piece of old leather to bite down on. Seriously.

Ooh yes, something to bite down on...Specially right on the tailbone, that was the most nasty spot on my body (by far)..

Left cheek got a skull with mouth closed, right cheek got a skull with a snake through the jaw.

finally... a thread i can get behind. ;) i don't have anything there yet, but chad discussed the possibility of extending my back piece down. my wife is strictly against the idea, but then again, she wants me to slow down on getting tattoos in general. i have the same sentiment as expressed above by @<a href="http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/member.php?u=54750" target="_blank">The Tig</a> ... i have a lot of skin to cover before "doing da butt" (song below, for your pleasure)... less painful and more prominent spots take priority, at this point.

speaking of mr. koeplinger, one of my favorite uses of the ass in a tattoo is the kali he did... photos below.

I'm in the class of "being smart" and getting my ass as part of my back, haha.

Honestly, if it weren't for my back piece, I don't think I'd have my ass tattooed.

If I didn't have a one piece, and I were to do a bunch of tattoos, I would just try to make it mesh well. @mmikaoj with a back like yours, I would get some more black pieces. Something that flows well with the curves of the cheeks. I'm sure the guys who did your back would love to tag team your ass. hahaha

1297695570726_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

My butt in between two Paul Jeffries butts ended up in the city newspaper last year lol

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm leaning towards marquesan style tribal, but haven't really thought too hard about this yet.

I think heavy black neo-tribal would look awesome and compliment your backpiece! Would you just get Iain Mullen to add-on, drop it down? I think his particular style could make a really unique butt design.

Other butt-placement ideas: angel/devil, geisha/hanya masks, Grimm style sun/moon, naked ladies, big big flowers, poly-tribal blackwork, propellers, pattern/illustrative blackwork, ...HOT STUFF...

@Cork @bongsau

Yeah they both wanted to put two big eyes on my cheeks... But I opted out of that, not fond of eye-tattoos. Probably it's going to be Iain who will get to do it in the end anyhow. I think that all this thinking about ass (tattoos) has made me enjoy non-figurative tattoo styles a lot more. For me it would be kind of weird to have an image on the ass, like why d'ya have that for? I think Junior Goussain, Tomas Tomas, Curly, Jeroen Franken or Gerhard Weisbeck would be my top choices now if it were not for how far away they live from me/having to travel with a newly tattooed butt.

Here's one that I like

tumblr_nswom3qKXT1qzpqyqo1_1280.jpg

Tas Danazoglou made it on Guy Le Tatooer

well good luck ! I think you're on the right track with the tattooers you've listed - my vote (which doesn't count!) is for Gerhard or Iain. You will never look at your butt the same way after it's tattooed !

...i think i posted this somewhere else...about when I was healing my backside and my wife walked in on me cannonballin', spreading ointment on my bare ass. Like WTF, right? She could not unsee that, it was weird for her, and I'm all like 'what? we're married!" Once you black the crack, you cannot go back !

- - - Updated - - -

I met this dude (I bet someone here will know T-Po) in Toronto, 2007...he had this AMAZING portrait of BILL COSBY on his ass cheek. Like an incredible tattoo. He also had this super-shitty Edmonton Oilers tattoo, which was also amazing because he was from Ontario. Really good dude, friend of friends, helped out a lot of bands.

I think as long as your ass is an extension of whatever is around it then it looks quite good, and that works for most styles. I am really happy that I included it as part of my backpiece. The linework was horrible and I ended up clenched tight enough to hold on to almost anyhting. The shading and colour has been alright though, until we go anywhere near the tail bone that is. For such a small spot that is no fun at all......

@mmikaoj yeah I'm not too keen on eyes either, I think it would look really weird to have them on your butt. That tibetan tarantula thing is a great butt tattoo.

With regards to healing the butt, it's not too bad. Sitting down and standing up are the 2 worst parts, but the in between is tolerable.

@bongsau Thank you! A practical question, when you're healing your ass, how does that affect your daily life? Can you sit down normally at all? I'm thinking if it's possible with a few hour long flight soon after...

hey @mmikaoj

first couple of days are a little awkward...underwear, toilet seats (prepare the quads for hovering), pants, everything sticks to and in your ass. your butt is greasy from ointment (or whatever). it is as uncomfortable as healing any other spot, in its own charming way haha. i felt my mobility was more frozen by healing knee tatts. this wrist/hand tattoo i'm healing is brutal, haven't bent my wrist in a week! some spots the tattoo is nothing, the healing is worse. i felt the butt tattooing was worse than the healing.

i would think you'd be fine for a flight afterwards. wear comfortable baggy pants and take er easy with the public toilet germs. it will be uncomfortable and you'll be moving like frankenstein. you will be home to relax before you know it. good luck.