New Years Wishes...LST style...

marley mission

no world peace, climate fixes, disease cures please

keep it lite - keep it in the spirit of LST

1 - Tattoo money tree - my funds are running low - seriously :)

2 - more LST interviews!! - cause they are awesome fun

3 - bring back Tattoo of the Month - we promise - we'll enter!

That my company doesn't ship my job to India. We're not supposed to know that our managers are looking into this extremely stupid possibility. You should never outsource critical IT security to another country, especially the city of Chennai, which is still recovering from massive flooding from a month ago.

I'm supposed to get the tattoo I didn't get yesterday on the 1st. I wish my artist to not be hungover :eek:

haha . . . AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

That my company doesn't ship my job to India. We're not supposed to know that our managers are looking into this extremely stupid possibility. You should never outsource critical IT security to another country, especially the city of Chennai, which is still recovering from massive flooding from a month ago.

Yeah . . . my wife's IT job got out-sourced to Brazil.

- I hope my pain threshold holds up for another few years so I can get the worst spots done without too much trauma. Or else I'd have to resort to using cream, which would feel like a cop out after having gone this far au natural.

- I hope being at a steady schedule at work will be more good than bad. Yay to: predictability, stable cash flow, real free time. Oh shit! to: not being as free to take time off, becoming an adult.

- I hope I manage to direct my free time and energy to wortwhile and fulfilling pursuits and not just waste it on stupid time sinks and laziness.

- I hope to learn a lot of new things about the world and about myself. More personal development and unlocking of doors

- New friends, new trips, new experiences. Hardships and bliss.

- A post-capitalist society with freedom, peace and eco-friendly mindset

My tattoo want list is to finish my sleeve, get tattooed by Anderson Luna, Jason June, Tamara Santibanez, Eva Huber (again) and Ron Wells.

But my one true wish is to graduate from this goddamned PhD program, and get a preservation/research job with the National Parks Service or the USGS, ideally in a position that combines laboratory and field work.

And @mmikaoj - dude, the numbing cream is kinda awesome, though. An artist used it on me once (not at my request, she just did it), and it made the transition from hour 2 to hour 3 pleasant. However, it wears off rather quickly (after an hour or so), so if your session is long, you'll be hurting all the same at the end. It just gives you a bit of a respite mid-session.

@sourpussoctupus

Yeah I know, it's totally bizarre! I had one experience with it only and but it was not by request. A 6-hour one shot tattoo on my leg some years ago and that last hour would not have happened without cream. The artist, Peter Lagergren, asked if I wanted to try so I said yes because new things are interesting. I could feel everything, and quite intensively, but it was as if the pain component was completely gone. Super weird!

1. For LST to get Tapatalk interface working. (I know you're working on it and appreciate all that, just reeeeally hate using Forum Runner.)

2. Finish my left arm 2/3rd sleeve. All that remains is the vines/background to tie it all together.

To like my job more. I'm about a year and a half from retirement, and I really want to leave wishing I could stay. Instead, right now I can't wait until it's over. I keep telling myself that I spent 2.5 years under water, and I can make this!

@sourpussoctupus

I could feel everything, and quite intensively, but it was as if the pain component was completely gone. Super weird!

For real! Knowing the sensation of getting tattooed, the cream makes it seem like you're getting stabbed with cotton swabs, haha. I have no moral qualms about using it again, especially if it's on a day I'm not up to par and/or a super painful spot.