Tattoo Blowout or Just still healing?

Erica Anand

Hi all- glad to have finally made an account to chat with all you experts. I have a question that is weighing on me pretty heavy. Yesterday I got my fourth tattoo. It is an intricate lotus design with very fine lines on my inner wrist. It's been almost three years since I got my last piece done, plus this is a very different style than I've ever had before. Anyway- it looked incredible and so precise all day yesterday and most of today until just a few hours ago. I have been following proper aftercare very carefully but for

Some reason it looks like the ink is coming out and blending around. I am soooo worried that this may be ink blowout.. I've also heard that sometimes this happens during the healing process and you won't know exactly the case until fully healed. Here are pictures of it yesterday and what it currently looks like. Let me know what you all think! Thanks so much. Note: the current picture is after washing it and waiting for it to dry before applying aquafor. Any other aftercare methods that you suggest, please tell me!

i have had similar experiences and the tattoo ended up fine - my initial reaction is that its still weaping - correct term guys? - i wouldnt stress - just keep it clean but dont overly mess with it - i myself like to dry heal pretty much - i think you'll scab probably on this one - but in the end you should be good - my inner forearms were tougher heals btw - what makes it worse though is you'll be staring at it for a month - try not too :)

hi erica...just leave it alone. the tattoo is a day old. and it looks like a fresh tattoo the day-after. there is nothing you can do for weeks, so don't worry about it and let your body do its thing healing itself. it will be fine. and don't put too much ointment on it. you shouldn't need more than a pea drop twice a day for a tattoo that size. good luck.

Yep, that looks normal and typical. I'm not sure the best way to explain it, but the body rejects the excess ink by weeping or oozing the first few days. The rest will stay and look sharper after a week or so. Just protect it, keep it clean, and don't let it dry out and scab up too much.

Browse healing threads like:

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-after-care/2961-thread-we-commiserate-about-healing-our-fresh-tattoos.html

Ahh I'm so relieved. Thanks! I woke up this morning and it's actually looking a lot better. I'm wondering if I should be using aquafor or Lotion at this point? It's really scabbing now, which seems to have happened much faster than any of my other tattoos. I'm assuming it's just because the lines are so much thinner

Ahh I'm so relieved. Thanks! I woke up this morning and it's actually looking a lot better. I'm wondering if I should be using aquafor or Lotion at this point? It's really scabbing now, which seems to have happened much faster than any of my other tattoos. I'm assuming it's just because the lines are so much thinner

could be location - give it a month - 6 weeks - all will be well

Hello Erica, don't worry about that i have had a few tattoos that started like that but at the end came up pretty good (with almost no scars), so don't worry, sometimes it takes more time to heal, i'm not a tattoo artist so i don't know that much about this things but i guess that happens deppending in what ink or what needle or machine you use (apart for the actual body of course)

• 3 years later...
40 minutes ago, Amber89 said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10nGwq14N9P_O1IZhdNnQOevIHXS7nLyzK33IBu_5kGk

Hi everyone! I got a script tattoo about a week ago and it’s looking pretty rough to me, can anyone tell me if it’s blowout, just crappy work or is it just healing still?? I’ll attach a picture 

That goes to a Google Documents account and no photo. Try again.