Chad Koeplinger's 50 State Tattoo Trip

el twe

This April, Chad Koeplinger is embarking on a road trip to tattoo in every state. Who's excited about this?! Who's trying to get tattooed? I emailed him awhile ago and hope to snag an appointment in Portland.

Check out Chad's Instagram for more info.

yep - excited as well - I emailed him yesterday - I'm trying to get in for a Maryland date (mid April) - preferred to go to Electric (NJ) or Smith (NY) but I think I will be away during that time frame (mid July) - but I dont mind taking the drive plus I wanted to get to Tattoo Paradise anyway as I have never been - already been to Smith and have spent many hours at Electric - hope you get in for your Portland date - I think its pretty amazing what he is doing sounds exhausting even for a guy that spends so much time on the road

It doesn't fit my 2016 tattoo goals...

Honestly, my 2016 tattoo goal was to slow down and plan a little more. I'm by no means running out of room, just not in the best financial state to start going wild. This is just such a cool idea and an opportunity that may not come around again for quite some time (being tattooed by Chad on the road), so I said 'fuck it.'

No idea what I want to get, but I'm sure he'll have some great drawings and I just want to be a part of it.

I am not sure when he starts the clock on this but he is coming through Michigan in March. I got him to pencil me in about a week before he announced this tour. Super excited about this! Even for a well traveled dude this is gunna be a crazy schedule. Im not sure what I'm getting. Told him to tattoo something that would be "fucking rad" as he would say. crawling tiger/panther... dagger through something awesome like a lion head or crazy squirrel head or polar bear. just something bad ass on the back of my arm. we shall see what he comes up with.

• 1 month later...
I met with Chad last night and got tattooed. What a cool experience! It was his last tattoo for the day and Jeff Zuck pulled up a chair and bull shit with us for a while. Both of those guys are so humble and down to Earth. Had a great time and I am thrilled with the tattoo Chad gave me.

I also got tattooed by Chad on Friday 3/18 at Name Brand. I had met him a few times before and sitting with him for a couples hours shooting the shit was fun. He did lament a bunch about settling down. He had a lot of "I'm really burned out travelling" vibes going on in what he was saying. He said he missed having a house to come home to and thought that maybe his time had passed to open up his own shop now that he'll be almost 40 (practically a kid..ha!). We had a long conversation about pizza and he said he would love to open a pizza place....no frills, just "a great slice shop" as he put it. good times, and i wish him the best....

- - - Updated - - -

I met with Chad last night and got tattooed. What a cool experience! It was his last tattoo for the day and Jeff Zuck pulled up a chair and bull shit with us for a while. Both of those guys are so humble and down to Earth. Had a great time and I am thrilled with the tattoo Chad gave me.

I also got tattooed by Chad on Friday 3/18 at Name Brand. I had met him a few times before and sitting with him for a couples hours shooting the shit was fun. He did lament a bunch about settling down. He had a lot of "I'm really burned out travelling" vibes going on in what he was saying. He said he missed having a house to come home to and thought that maybe his time had passed to open up his own shop now that he'll be almost 40 (practically a kid..ha!). We had a long conversation about pizza and he said he would love to open a pizza place....no frills, just "a great slice shop" as he put it. good times, and i wish him the best....

• 2 weeks later...