Hi!

Girlofthebrokenscene

Hey everyone! I'm a 17 year old girl and I've been wanting a tattoo for a while. So before I make an impulsive decision I want to look around this forum for a while to look for some tips and just advice in general. However, I saw that before you can start a new thread you have to post 10 posts in existing threads but I have a question and I can't wait to have it answered by some of you. Although I'm still young, I've been through rough things. I've been bullied for two years which isn't that bad but I was also raped when I was 14. The guy who did it was also underage so the police couldn't/didn't do much about it. When I was 15 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which is a chonic muscle condition and since I've had it I've been living in constant pain. There hasn't been even a minute without pain for me. My psychiatrist recently said I suffer from depression and PTSD. And now I just really want to get a tattoo with a meaning, not just some random tattoo. I want one on my wrist and that when I look at it at rough moments I will have courage again. I've been looking for quotes but I can't really find anything so I want to ask you if any of you have any suggestions for my tattoo. Thanks!

I think you should wait until you are 18 to get a tattoo. Im sad to hear your story, but then you are the only one that can answer what tattoo you would like to get. As you said you've been bullied for two years. I believe in that experience you are much stronger now because you still exist. You should take control now. Do some research first on the meaning of certain tattoos. Try to do it yourself as much as possible. :)

Hello and welcome!

Wow that's a pretty personal first post, sorry to hear about your hardships. For your consideration, sometimes a random tattoo will develop meaning for you over time. One of my most meaningful tattoos is one that i picked out of a book on a whim. Pictures are worth a thousand words, I would suggest not limiting yourself to a motivational speech on your arm. Wait a bit before you jump into tattooing, heal yourself first. The wait can add to the reward and meaning of the tattoo and give you time to find something symbolic where the meaning will stick if that's what you're after. good luck :)

Hello and welcome!

I agree with quite a bit of what has already been said. Take your time, as long as you need, to choose what you want forever. Keep in mind that most everyone here will tell you that the tattoos they wanted when they were young are nothing like what they wanted and got later. Even more important, take time to research an artist. Search pinterest and instagram. There are plenty of great ideas that died under the needle of someone who should have realized they were not the best artist for a specific style or art.

Onto a more personal level, I feel your (similar) pain, both physically and mentally. Life can be a cruel bitch, full of pain. The suffering part is what WE control, however. One frame of mind or direction change I'd steer you towards from my personal experience is:

Work on going from being a victim to becoming a survivor.

There is always room for growth in that department.

Hello and welcome, I'm sad to hear your story, I hope that everything will get eventually good for you, although I doesn't have had as much troubles as you I've suffered as well as chronical depression and I know it's a whole lot of bad time, can't imagine how it is with all your other problems.

About the tattoo, if you really want that tattoo it woudln't matter how old you are, but, since you want a meaningful tattoo I wouldn't recommend to ask recommendations to people, if it is something you came up by yourself it will be a lot better than a sugestion, so take your tiem and don't rush. (I'm not saying that is bad if you ask other people at all.)

Good luck with your tattoo! And I sincerely hope everything gets better soon