Advice around Chest Piece

tastatt

Sup!

This is my first thread so forgive me if i am doing something wrong.

I recently started my chest piece and at this point I've only had the outline done. I super happy with the start of it but i'm looking for some ideas around extending it out to the full width of my chest and on to the front of my shoulder a little bit.

I did start my chest piece earlier than I expected as I am starting a sleeve soon in April. I knew i wanted the chest to overlap the top of the sleeve rather than the other way around.

Any advice or ideas on this would be awesome.

cheers

James

My advice is to leave it as it is. The risk in adding things to the sides to make it fuller is that you will compromise the design and make the tattoo weaker as a result. As it is, it's a nice triangular shape that fits well, and I'm not sure the rectangular area you want flows nearly as well. It's your body, your tattoo, and your choice, but that's my two cents.

there's a zillion ways to connect your chest to your sleeve(s). It could be an extension of either the sleeve art, or the chest art - or it could just be background/filler kind of stuff, too. Is the same artist doing both? If yes, discuss options with him/her. If not, maybe you'll see a style that a third artist could apply.

hey there @thesinki93

i'd agree with the above comments, leave it as-is (for now).

Focus on getting your chest coloured in and starting your sleeve.

Your tattooer could likely tile the background from the top part of the arm sleeve in behind the chest piece to connect. I have a big bird across my chest. Roses filling out the pecs tiled underneath, and the sky/clouds from the tops of my sleeves extended into the sides of the chest to connect everything.