summerlovin6411

Seeking Advice for Tattoo Cover-up

Hello, I'm obviously new here, & I've heard a lot of great things about this forum so I figured I'd give it a shot.

My main reason for joining is because I am in desperate need of advice for a cover-up of the tat I got when I turned 18.

post-63125-146168885531_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's fantastic. On top of it being a bright green square its also slightly crooked (The way I'm standing trying to take the pic myself makes it look a lot worse)

I've got a rib cage piece of black & grey roses and a compass, so I'd like to stay away from more roses. Ideally i'd like to use as little color as possible as well, but I'm open to whatever needs to be done to save me from the "Yea I think your tractor's sexy" comments every time I go to the beach.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update. I decided to go through with the tattoo on this coming Monday; but from what I've seen on instagram today, it looks like a family member has passed away and they will be taking some time off, so it may mean I'll be rescheduled again.  Would it be ok if I asked for my deposit back, I feel like it may be too heartless to ask, seeing as how it obviously was out of their control and they lost a family member. But I've used my last vacation day to reschedule with them and most likely won't be free until March next year. I think I should wait until they email me before I decide, but I would want to try to make an appointment with another artist I like asap to not waste my day off. Thoughts?
    • $70k could do a lot of real good, out there . . .
    • Hi all,   Long time posting here (I must post up my latest pieces here).   Myself and the better half our currently touring South East Asia for a few months and starting to get the itch for another tattoo...   Where we have left to visit is: Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines.   Does anyone have any particular shops or artists they could recommend?   We hope to make it to Melbourne at the end of the trip to visit friends (finances permitting!) so will definitely be getting work there if I don't get anything I'm Asia.   Thanks again, Paddy   Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk    
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By ByeBye
      I wanna get lasered on this tattoo but I wonder if it will be worth it? Its super dark. Would it even go away completely or at all? Should I just fade for a cover up? 

• By Benjamin97
      Hey guys so I jumped the gun and really wanted to start my half sleeve.  i wanted to add things to make it look more full and Well a year later I want to change some things about it but I can't think of anything that could cover the certain area up. Im happy with the main piece but under the Skelton where the sword, buckle, and bag just doesn't do it for me and want it to be changed asap. If you have any suggestions please let me know i really appreciate it!

• By Embracethepotato
      Hi everyone,
      I'm in need of advice regarding a potential cover up. I got a tattoo on my wrist 5/6 years ago and I don't like it at all so I was wanting to get it covered - I just need advice on what my options are (if any). It was a rushed decision to start with (I was young!) but now all I see on my wrist is a dark, smudgy blob!
      I originally wanted a rose, but the tattoo artist told me to choose a different flower out of his book - I know I should have walked out right then. Would a rose still be possible?
      I am also wanting a tattoo on my opposite forearm, but with this on my wrist I don't feel like anything will 'go' with this at the moment as it's just not feminine to me.
      Any advice greatly appreciated!
      Thanks
    • By neanderthalensis
      hey all,
      I just moved from SF to DC, and I'm looking for an artist on the east coast to design a chest piece I've had in mind for a while. I thought this forum might be good for suggestions. I have several tattoos already, all black and grey, so I'm looking for someone who excels in B/G style. Mostly with heavy black ink.
      I'm looking for someone who is good at creepy/scary tattoos that are a mix of american traditional and russian prison styles. Not really looking for anything in the "horror" genre, but more like medieval occult-ish/satanist type stuff.
      One of my favorite artists is Alexander Grim (@alexandergrim on IG), but he is in St. Petersburg. In fact, most of my favorite artists are in Europe or Russia, like Andrey Kichatiy (@kichatiy on IG) in Moscow, or Barbe Rousse (@barbe_rousse_tattooer) in Berlin, or Cezilia Hjelt (@cezilia_gbgclassictattooing) in Gothenburg Sweden.
      Anyone have any suggestions?
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Febbo79
      hello