summerlovin6411

Seeking Advice for Tattoo Cover-up

Hello, I'm obviously new here, & I've heard a lot of great things about this forum so I figured I'd give it a shot.

My main reason for joining is because I am in desperate need of advice for a cover-up of the tat I got when I turned 18.

post-63125-146168885531_thumb.jpg

As you can see it's fantastic. On top of it being a bright green square its also slightly crooked (The way I'm standing trying to take the pic myself makes it look a lot worse)

I've got a rib cage piece of black & grey roses and a compass, so I'd like to stay away from more roses. Ideally i'd like to use as little color as possible as well, but I'm open to whatever needs to be done to save me from the "Yea I think your tractor's sexy" comments every time I go to the beach.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

You'll probably have to go fairly large, but otherwise should have good options.

Subject matter is something you'll have to figure out. Possibilities are infinite.

Agreed = where are you, so we can recommend good shops/artists?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• i got my first tattoo 2 weeks ago and the colour looks patchy on the rose petals, was just wondering if its part of the healing or if i need to get a touch up. Sorry if it’s hard to see. Thank you 😄
    • I am kind of stuck with one thing; is it really important to keep its orientation to be possible for other people to see it correctly? Is it something I`ll regret if I have it for my view mainly? For instance I was even thinking to have it reverse -if I decide to have it on my chest- so that I can read it when I look at the mirror. Does it make any sense, or is it plain silly?
    • For some reason I want it closer to my heart. I was even thinking of distributing the five lines to several parts, like the wrists, the neck, chest and maybe somewhere on the top ribs, but keeping it covered will be better I think. And being the beginner that I am, I think it will be better to keep it simple in order to avoid doing something weird.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By ChoWai
      Hey All, 
      So I am asking this question in advance, as I still have 1 inner arm peony to go - otherwise my 3/4 sleeve is finished with the background and coloring. 
      It is of a japanese kirin with it's face on my lower arm and legs up towards my shoulder.
      I love the colors and everything in the sleeve except for a top vertical leg that sticks up.
      I'm starting to think it is out of place and points at me oddly. 
      It's also not drawn as geometrically as the other 3 legs but I dismissed this at the stencil stage and did not tell the artist. 
      Is it worth lasering this leg so that the artist can redraw it?
      Even though I have one peony left, i think I can more or less see how the sleeve tattoo will look like?
      I am a bit bummed I am feeling this way, but has anyone else been in my position? 
      Have you gone for a large tattoo or sleeve, overlooked something in the stencil then sought laser down the track to redraw it?
      Should laser only be reserved for worst case scenarios? 

• By ByeBye
      I wanna get lasered on this tattoo but I wonder if it will be worth it? Its super dark. Would it even go away completely or at all? Should I just fade for a cover up? 

• By Benjamin97
      Hey guys so I jumped the gun and really wanted to start my half sleeve.  i wanted to add things to make it look more full and Well a year later I want to change some things about it but I can't think of anything that could cover the certain area up. Im happy with the main piece but under the Skelton where the sword, buckle, and bag just doesn't do it for me and want it to be changed asap. If you have any suggestions please let me know i really appreciate it!

• By Febbo79
      hello
    • By neanderthalensis
      hey all,
      I just moved from SF to DC, and I'm looking for an artist on the east coast to design a chest piece I've had in mind for a while. I thought this forum might be good for suggestions. I have several tattoos already, all black and grey, so I'm looking for someone who excels in B/G style. Mostly with heavy black ink.
      I'm looking for someone who is good at creepy/scary tattoos that are a mix of american traditional and russian prison styles. Not really looking for anything in the "horror" genre, but more like medieval occult-ish/satanist type stuff.
      One of my favorite artists is Alexander Grim (@alexandergrim on IG), but he is in St. Petersburg. In fact, most of my favorite artists are in Europe or Russia, like Andrey Kichatiy (@kichatiy on IG) in Moscow, or Barbe Rousse (@barbe_rousse_tattooer) in Berlin, or Cezilia Hjelt (@cezilia_gbgclassictattooing) in Gothenburg Sweden.
      Anyone have any suggestions?
      Any help is appreciated!