New to Forum, Advice for moving up the shoulder?

TattooCanoe

Hey all,

After being interested in tattoos for a long time, I finally got my first about 6 months ago, with two more following since. Between the second and third I came across this site and found it to be a great resource for all things tattoo. After spending a fair bit of time reading on here, I figured I'd join in and try to get some advice for future tattoos. So far, starting with the most recent, I've got a Sailor Jerry shrimp on my foot, a canoeing/portaging silhouette around my arm, and a small moose pictograph on my ass (not pictured). The tattoos have since healed without issue, but I haven't gotten any decent healed pictures yet.

shrimp1_thumb.jpg

canoe2_thumb.jpg

canoe1_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking I'd like to fill out my arm/shoulder above the canoe next. I've been considering a flying duck (hooded merganser) in kind of a Japanese style (cloud/wind bar background, maybe some maple leaves?), and was wondering how feasible that might be in that space. Any suggestions or artist recommendations in MN would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, looking forward to reading more on here and, hopefully, getting better tattoos for it!