Ortega760

Noobie needs help/advice

Hey guys! I am excited to join the sparrow community. I am looking forward to getting my first tattoo but need some advice from more experienced people.

First, I need some ideas on my design. I want to get something that has to do with music. I want it to be original and good, that's why I am seeking help. I love all types of music but mainly electronic music. I also want to get an owl so it would be really awesome to have those two combined (i'm a guy so nothing girly).

Second, where is a good place for it? I want it about the size of an adult palm and to be able to hide it. I was thinking of getting it on my upper back but i have acne marks/scars. Would that be a problem?

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this. I can't wait to see what you guys have in mind.

Do you expect to get a lot of other tattoos in the future? The shoulder is a good place for this kind of tattoo but it can be a valuable space if you end up wanting a full sleeve later on. Not that this couldn't be worked around. Also the calf can be a good place for a hideable tattoo. The back works but you won't be able to see it which may or may not matter to you. Talk to the artist. An owl wearing headphones could be cool? You might want to consider going slightly larger given the kind of detail you seem to be wanting. Good luck and don't worry, it doesn't hurt at all.

@AverageJer is right. Also,

1st = figure out what kind of style (artwork) you prefer

2nd = figure out which artists that are within your travel area can rock that style

3rd = discuss design and placement options with that (or those) artist(s)

you are headed in the right direction.

This and also, don't nit pick what the artists draws.

Once you see what artist or style you like, trust them in giving you the best piece of art based on your idea.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• Thank you for the info and pics! I think I already noticed it getting smaller.
    • Hi there, I got the same problem with tattoo bumps, it really takes time to heal. Mine was bigger than yours and I waited it for a month finally healed by itself. Make sure you keep it hydrated as well with enough aftercare ointment. It'll heal just fine 😊   P.s : colors usually takes more time to settle in, depends on one's skin condition.
    • Here's what I have learned 1) Sometimes you have bumps that take time to heal. 2) I, like you, didn't think that I had a bump in and/or around tattoos. My dermatologist has confirmed that I am a "grower" of bumps. I have developed bumps both in tattoos and outside of tattoos post tattoo but the two don't seem to be MEDICALLY related.  3) My tattooer's to date have never tattooed a mole!
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Instagram #LastSparrow

• Recent Topics

• Similar Content

• By awaken
      Hey everyone! I'm a 20 year old college student just looking to talk tattoos with someone every now and again. I have one tattoo, and it's only 4 days old! In two weeks I'll be getting my second one, and I'm super excited. I hope you folks don't mind answering a couple questions I have regarding my tattoo. First, I notice a bit of blowout. I was wondering if a little bit of blowout is normal, and if it will go away. Secondly, I was not instructed to wrap it every day, so I have not been doing that. I have been, however, washing it and applying a bit of lotion on it twice a day. I want to know if I'll be alright just doing that, or if I need to take other measures as far as aftercare goes.
      I'll provide photos :) Let me know what you all think! Thanx!
    • By Thepachary
      Hello everyone
      I'm considering on getting my first tattoo pretty soon. I want to get it on my upper right arm or behind my right shoulder. I work out, and I'm still a bit small in arm size since I'm kind of a small guy. And I have heard from people that once you get your tattoo depending where it is it can get morphed because of stretching, gaining weight, etc. But is any of that true? Haha, I want to get a tattoo and continue to work out and get my arms bigger, would it be a bad idea and mess up how my tattoo ends up looking after I get it and a few months of the gym?
    • By Bonnie Baker
      Hey, guys. My name is Bonnie and I am from the mississippi gulf coast. I am currently going to school for chemistry. A few years ago I determined that I needed to get some art on my back. After years of deliberating, I've decided on a full japanese style back piece. I'm starting it in a week in Nola! My family thinks I'm crazy for choosing such a large tattoo for my first, but it just feels right. (Don't know how long it will feel right once the needle is going across my skin, haha). Anyways, I came across this site looking for advice and saw that everyone posting seemed really lovely and friendly. I'm looking forward to talking to folks. I'm pretty nervous so advice and words of encouragement are always appreciated!
    • By Ashley76
      My name is Ashley, and as you can see I'm very new here. After years of vowing to never get a tattoo, a simple conversation with a friend about what kind of tattoo I would get if I ever did get one has now sparked interest in me. Six months later and the idea has grown on me so much that I hope to have my first tattoo by the end of February.
      I joined this forum to poke around and get some insight from others about getting your first tattoo. I'm a little nervous, but not because of the pain. I'm more concerned about how my family will react, as tattoos are considered to be taboo in my family. I'm about to turn 19 and would be paying for the piece myself, but I've yet to figure out a way to tell my family about the tattoo once I've got it. I've researched tattoo parlors in my area, and after looking at a few pieces that my friends have by different artists, have chosen the place I want to get it done. Now all that is left is to make the appointment and save the money!
    • By lostvalentines
      Hello. I'm lostvaletines. I'm new to tattoos in general. I've been wanting one for a long time (currently 22yrs old) but haven't been able to find or draw anything I want on my body forever until recently.
      So, I would like to get the Kingdom of Prussia eagle. This is what it looks like http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Flag_of_Prussia_1892-1918.svg I would get it done in all black as I am very pale and love the contrast that would have. I know it would be beautiful.
      I know it isn't really something a lot of people would know about, but my concern is that they may mistake it for the eagle used by the Nazi party (google it if you don't know what it looks like). Also a concern is that I plan to travel to the germany/austria area in the next few years and I don't know if it would go over well (even if they recognize it as Prussian).
      Yeah, so I would love everyone's opinions/comments about this. Any questions, just ask.