Palo Alto next week

Hello everyone,

I will be in Palo Alto, CA next week between (March 29 - April 2) for work and play time... I was wondering if anyone can recommend some good tattoo shops in the area that will do walk-ins etc... maybe recommend some record shops and some good eats too :)...

Much appreciated!

jonesy

will you have a car? i can't think of anything off the bat in Palo Alto, but there's plenty of good artists/shops from SF to San Jose (and of course, in the east bay too!). as for record stores, your best bet is to go to SF, though there might be a Searchlight Records in Palo Alto...

unless you're vegan, i'll leave the eats to others to suggest haha

Hi MsRad, we will have a car. I think we will spend most of our time in SF, my brother is looking for a place there... He's been wanting to get a tattoo so he's asking me to find some good shops we can visit in the area SF, Oakland, San Jose anywhere in the area... Hell, my wife and I might even get another tattoo while we're there. :)

As for the food situation we'll try anything... if it tastes good we're there (meat or no meat)... hehehehhe...

Thanks,

jonesy

well, this here site (ha!) was co-started by Scott Sylvia over at Blackheart Tattoo which is located in SF at Valencia and Duboce, so i would highly recommend checking the shop out.

as for good eats, give me a little bit and i'll come up with a list. there's soooo much good food.

Was waiting to see if you'd have a car.....so know that we know...

Tattoo Shops in SF:

-Blackheart Tattoo (given) in SF, Nick Rodin and Cody Miller (does some cool lettering among other things) do great tattoos and both should be easier to get in on a last minute tattoo over Lehi, Puente, or Rassier, & Sylvia though you never know...

-Temple Tattoo in Oakland, they all once again do radicool tattoos though I've been watching Heath Preheim & Derrick Snodgrass but can't seem to see enough tattoos from these two and would enjoy seeing more, hint hint if you get tattooed by one of these two pls post pictures though all pictures will be enjoyed!

-Hogg suggested one recently in SF that caught my eye but I can't remember....HOGG?

-State of Grace in San Jose

-Plus some others though these in my opinion are the ones but my opinion is biased I know that.

Food in SF & Bay Area:

-This is even more of a loaded question than tattooers and tattoo shops in the Bay Area so how about your top three types of food you like to eat or want to try and I think we could offer suggestions there as well.....

Lochlan, might it have been Diamond Club (home to Bill & Junii Salmon) or Seventh Son (home to Luke Stewart, Joey Armstrong, George Campise, Erik Rieth, and others) or Spider Murphy's (in San Rafael, home to Theo Mindell, Stuart Cripwell, Matt Howse, and others)?

Lochlan, might it have been Diamond Club (home to Bill & Junii Salmon) or Seventh Son (home to Luke Stewart, Joey Armstrong, George Campise, Erik Rieth, and others) or Spider Murphy's (in San Rafael, home to Theo Mindell, Stuart Cripwell, Matt Howse, and others)?

I believe it was Seventh Son, thanks. Good call on Spider Murphy's.

I'm in Palo Alto right now gonna catch some shut eye for a bit and walk around later and check out the Stanford campus with my wife. Thanks for the suggestions I will try and hit up at least two of the shops mentioned maybe we can get a little something done before heading back home... Maybe I can get my brother his first tattoo aswell, we'll see. :)

Food... Top Three hmmmm... that's tough 'cause I'll try anything...

Spicy (insanely hot) is good... (indian, thai, west indian food)

Seafood

Sushi

But I'd love to try... anything local that's good... A good fish taco place... Before I leave I gotta go to Gorilla BBQ... mmmmmmmm...

Much appreciated,

jonesy

in palo alto, there's a good frozen yogurt place called Fraiche. it's not cheap, but it's delicious.

and one place i'd recommend for food would be Burma Superstar. get the tea salad and mango whatever (they do tofu and chicken i think, but obviously i'd advocate for the plant based option haha).

For seafood a nice little San Francisco gem is Anchor Oyster Bar in the Castro in SF is my favorite seafood restaurant.

I'm still yet to find an indian place that is a must eat regularly though Clay Oven in the Haight in SF is consistently good.

Ike's sandwiches is a supposed gem in SF though I am yet to try. But for sandwiches in Oakland it's Genova which is on the same block as Tattoo 13 (Freddy Corbin's other shop in Oakland).

The Ike sandwich shop, there's one here on the Stanford campus in the engineering building... I was getting hungry after dinner... and saw this place but didn't go... I'll check it out for sure when I'm in SF... ahhh so many places to check out now, my lunch and dinner plans are now all covered hehehehhe... thanks y'all, you're the best... I'm going home 20 lbs heavier!!! hehehhehe...

jonesy...