The Netflix Thread

ShawnPorter

i just though this was a little interesting article...

(speaking of Sons of Anarchy)

"prosthetic make-up effect; tattoos"

I have a friend in CA who works for an amazing Special Effects Company. They do make-up, prosthetics and props. Included in the make-up category is what they refer to in the biz as "prosthetic make-up effect; tattoos". That's the technical term, I swear, you can't make these things up. Because of the popularity of "the tattoo" in our culture today, my friend finds himself doing a lot of work in this vein. To add authenticity to his work, he does his research. I am always pleased to be one of his consultants! Over the last few years, I've sent him equipment as he's needed it to make his tattoo scenes more credible. Pulse Tattoo Machines & Equipment have had multiple appearances on NIP/TUCK and PRISON BREAK and tonight our Solution Tattoo Machine will be guest starring on SONS OF ANARCHY!

If that's not exciting enough, our linear power supply and Ergo grips will be there too! Tattoo legend, Freddy Corbin will be using all Pulse equipment to tattoo the one and only Henry Rollins on tonight's season finale of SONS OF ANARCHY. Corbin designed the three piece patch that became the show's logo. You can learn more about that from his recent Inked magazine interview here: www.inkedmag.com/icons/freddy-corbin

I don't watch the show, but I hear quite a buzz about it. I'll be tuning in tonight and if it's as good as I hear, I'll be looking for it on DVD. Everyone watching tonight... keep your eyes open for PULSE!

And now some top secret photos from the set...

The great Freddy Corbin with Pulse Solution Tattoo Machine, Medium Ergo Grip, Pulse clip cord, and Pulse PS24 Linear Power Supply!

The great Henry Rollins in the chair for his "prosthetic make-up effect; tattoos". Doing the application is my friend Mike!

Per a request from the set, we also sent out a gift package full of Pulse Tshirts and other gear for the cast and crew. They gave them to everyone at the show's wrap party. I heard the Pulse gear was well received so maybe we'll see Charlie Hunnam sporting a Pulse T in tabloids!

Jessica from Pulse Blogs About It...: Sons of Anarchy...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Essex Boys last night which I believe someone on LST suggested to me based on my enjoyment of Dave Courtney related media and it was a great suggestion, thanks.

Also recently watched:

The Insider

The American

Salt

The Bank Job

Family Business

I'm sorta pissed; I've had THEY LIVE in my instant queue for about a week now, and every time I attempt to play it, I get an error from Netflix saying that it can't connect to the server. I've rebooted my system (streaming) to clear the cache, but it still gives me the error. I posted on Facebook to see if my friends could stream it- 100% could. I'm the only one who seems to be having problems. Phooey!

Shawn, we've been having netflix problems in our house streaming through playstation. not sure if you're doing it on your computer or some other set up, but just thought i'd mention it.

i watched Wasteland recently, which is about Vik Muniz's portrait project at Jardim Gramacho, the largest garbage dump in the world. it's pretty amazing, and touching. you'll think twice about what you throw away.

i also saw Freakonomics, which was interesting and entertaining, but i think i'd rather just read the book if i had to make the decision again. what can i say, i was sick and bored.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My favorite movie I found on Netflix was World's Greatest Dad. It's not for everybody, I guess but I enjoyed it so much that I bought it. I finished season one of Damages which was pretty awesome. Glenn Close was badass and I love Ted Danson.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently watched and enjoyed:

The Hunting Party (really good!)

The Lincoln Lawyer

and currently hooked watching instantly on The Kennedys tv show!!

Also for two nights I tried watching Red Riding Hood and never made it past the first hour without falling asleep from boredom so returned it without finishing it was THAT BAD! AWFUL!!

Since I steal internet from my neighbor the bandwidth is always fucked up so I cant watch X-Files all the time. In a perfect world I would be the only one smart enough in my building to steal internet from this person.

until seeing this post a few days back, i hadn't realized that X-Files was available to stream... i've slept very little since.