The Netflix Thread

ShawnPorter

Just watched The Killing House on Netflix. Pretty good. Also watching the short lived show Luther starring Idris Elba.

I also just watched Big Money Rustlas. I must say, the acting was superb, the cinematography was clean and seamless, and the western accents were on par with the "Man Without A Name" series. It literally was like watching a Kurosawa interpretation of Edo-period rivalry through the lens of some Ridley Scott dystopian past/future. All I was wishing for was a car full of fat chicks and a trunk full of Faygo.

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing I did when we got Netflix...all 9 seasons of the X Files in four weeks. I've been watching more shows on there than movies. Mitchell and Webb's Peep Show is crazy funny, so is Gavin and Stacey.

For movies, man, so many. They just added Bartleby. House of Yes, Mary and Max, Oldboy, I'm a Cyborg but That's OK, The Host, Mother, White Lightnin' are some of my top picks...oh and Word Wars.

Ha. My wife and I watched them all + the movies in 4 weeks, got to the end and started over...at a more relaxed pace. It's just good go-to tv. I was interviewed by the local paper while tattooing. The subject was something like "what are your hopes for 2012?" She was pissed that I didn't say X-Files 2012"...I said complete annihilation -- the apocolypse. They didn't print it though.

• 1 month later...
I tried to get my girlfriend (who has never seen X Files) to watch a few of my favorite episodes. 30 minutes in she was asleep.

I is mad.

Bummer. I remember once going over to my friends house to watch X Files, and he happened to have a friend kicking dope on his sofa. The friend, who we both normally were pretty sympathetic to, kept complaining and saying "I can't believe you're subjecting me to this." WE were mad, this was live TV! "Shut up you fucking crybaby!" was basically what we told him. Go crawl around the block or something. X Files was pretty serious stuff back then.

Sorry if it's being discussed somewhere else, but who's watching True Blood? Too many sub plots right this second, it's like 2 seasons happening at once, although it's all good.

• 1 month later...

last 6 months

Your Account

Rental Activity

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Dexter: Season 2: Disc 2

Amelia

Dexter: Season 2: Disc 1

L.A. Confidential

A Perfect World

Pinocchio

The Little Mermaid

Dick Cavett: Hollywood Greats: Disc 4

The Hurt Locker

Frenzy

Confidence

Rescue Dawn

War of the Century

Son of Frankenstein /Ghost of Frankenstein

What Lies Beneath

Dexter: Season 1: Disc 4

The African Queen

Little Dieter Needs to Fly

The Thin Red Line

Dick Cavett: Hollywood Greats: Disc 3

Hiroshima: BBC History of World War II

Chaplin: The Movie

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Dexter: Season 1: Disc 3

National Geographic: Inside North Korea

Carlos: Miniseries:

Marathon Man

Topaz

Dick Cavett: Hollywood Greats: Disc 2

Citizen X

The Phantom of the Opera (the Claude Rains version)

Carlos: Miniseries: Disc 2

Fall from Grace

Dead Snow

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Dick Cavett: Hollywood Greats: Disc 1

• 4 months later...
Bones Brigade: An Autobiography.

Seriously. If you walked upright during the 80s this will make you super nostalgic.

I just added this to my queue last night. can't wait to watch it - i lived and breathed that era of skating.. wife doesn't get it.

come to think of it, that's a g&s neil blender circa 1989 in my avatar.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...