To nipple or not to nipple that is the question?

Shaggy

22 minutes ago, Intomyskin said:

I stumbled onto this thread and want to bump it because suddenly it is relevant to my  plans. 

I am planning a Japanese style back piece and partial sleeves, with chest panels (I’m a guy, by the way). I recently found some images online of some Japanese chest pieces that incorporate the nipples into the design. I’m now really intrigued with the idea of nipples incorporated into the center of flowers and I would would like to do something like that as part of my piece. I’ve never cared for designs where the nipple is sort of a random hole in the design. In my opinion, incorporating them into the flowers sort of subtly acknowledges their “nipple-ness” while still disguising them and blending it into the design in a way that doesn’t detract. 

My areolae are light in color and not very big, so I’m thinking that the flower coloring could extend over the areolae and go right up to the base of the nipple so that just the protruding part would be not be colored. 

I like to play with Photoshop, so i superimposed some images onto a  picture of my chest, and adjusted them so the they would fit my body (see below).

One pic has a large flowers with the nips in the center, the other has cherry blossoms. They both have pros and cons. I’m leaning toward the cherry blossom version because it is a little more subtle. _Cherry Blossoms.jpg_Peony.jpg

Has anybody here tried anything like this, or have have any thoughts, opinions, thoughts on aesthetics, or other guidance on this? Am I crazy? I have found posts on LST that suggest that getting tattooed around the nipples is quite an interesting experience. All opinions welcomed!

I started by looking at the pictures and was scratching my head as to how one guy had two different tattoos... Nice work on the photoshop!

I really like the lower image with the peonies. I mean, you're talking about blasting over your nipples, so why not go mega bold?!?

On October 17, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Intomyskin said:

I like to play with Photoshop, so i superimposed some images onto a  picture of my chest, and adjusted them so the they would fit my body (see below).

Great photo shop work @Intomyskin

I really love the nipple-in-a-flower look in general. Its a tough call between your two examples. Both look good. I’m leaning toward the cherry blossom version in your examples. It looks more in scale with male anatomy and nipple size.

I’ve fancied the nipple flower idea for myself if I ever went to full chest coverage (which is unlikely, sigh). I’d probably go for a larger flower myself, because I think it works better with the shape of a woman’s breast.

Great images, @a_beukeveld. I have seen some of these, but some are new to me. Thanks for posting.

The first time I saw large flowers around nipples, I thought it was a little tacky, too “in your face,” like “Hey everybody! Attention! Here are my nipples! Right here!” But I eventually softened on that. When the peony nipple is part of an overall composition of large flowers it is not as in-your-face, because it looks like a natural part of a larger composition.

The Sakura version is striking because the blossoms are the theme of the whole piece (at least in the front). That is what makes it a cool tt and visually very strong. So the two Sakura on the nipples just look like part of the cascade and are almost not noticeable.

My preliminary planning is for the theme of my piece in the front to consist of a variety of large flowers on the chest and arms, so the peony version might be more compatible with that. I suppose that big flowers could be added to the sakura example, but I think it might dilute the strength of the Sakura-only concept.

I’ve always thought that the bigger flower (peony) approach look is especially suited to women, because as @soraya said, it compliments the shape of the breast.

@MoistTowelette- I saw your pic in the Lowdown section. That is an amazing piece! I really admire Shige's work. You are very fortunate to be able to wear a piece by him. 

So, to the point of this thread, what was the nipple part like? Any recommendations for dealing with it? My plan is to go right to the base of the nip, but not do the protruding part.

4 hours ago, Intomyskin said:

@MoistTowelette- I saw your pic in the Lowdown section. That is an amazing piece! I really admire Shige's work. You are very fortunate to be able to wear a piece by him. 

So, to the point of this thread, what was the nipple part like? Any recommendations for dealing with it? My plan is to go right to the base of the nip, but not do the protruding part.

Thank you! I think what helped me was I over hyped the pain beforehand and when it got time to do it it really wasn't too bad, even with Shige being known to be heavy handed.