Problem

gedo

Hi I am new here and wanna ask something. Before two week I make tattoo and I use vaseline 4 times every day, but now look like cracked...8684634W.jpg Is there any problem or ?

• 1 month later...

I don't think this is normal. The skin where you have tattooed areas is like snake skin. It looks super dry and cracked. I would say it's just that you have sensitive dry skin but I see the non-tattooed skin around the tattoo pretty normal.

Go to your tattoo artist and ask, but I guess it can't be like this forever and it will solve by its own...

Anyway, you did super bad by using vaseline. This is the worst you could do. Maybe it's because of that it happened

Good luck

Enviado desde mi JY-G4 mediante Tapatalk

I don't think this is normal. The skin where you have tattooed areas is like snake skin. It looks super dry and cracked. I would say it's just that you have sensitive dry skin but I see the non-tattooed skin around the tattoo pretty normal.

Go to your tattoo artist and ask, but I guess it can't be like this forever and it will solve by its own...

Anyway, you did super bad by using vaseline. This is the worst you could do. Maybe it's because of that it happened

Good luck

couldnt disagree more - OP - your tattoo looks like a tattoo - it will 'settle in' more - lose its 'shine' so to speak - but you're good - now - maybe you have a misunderstanding of what tattoos are - they arent digital prints magically attached to your skin - they're tattoos - as for the vaseline - well aftercare is a whole other topic isnt it - imo - you're better off dry healing - but thats just me

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck

couldnt disagree more - OP - your tattoo looks like a tattoo - it will 'settle in' more - lose its 'shine' so to speak - but you're good - now - maybe you have a misunderstanding of what tattoos are - they arent digital prints magically attached to your skin - they're tattoos - as for the vaseline - well aftercare is a whole other topic isnt it - imo - you're better off dry healing - but thats just me

- - - Updated - - -

All of my tattoos look smooth and like all the other skin around them :/

Not like this. And absolutelly not after two months. Maybe he's healing slowly or something, so I think it will solve by its own, but definetly this is not how a proper healed tattoo looks like, lol

Do yours?

Not like this. And absolutelly not after two months. Maybe he's healing slowly or something, so I think it will solve by its own, but definetly this is not how a proper healed tattoo looks like, lol

Do yours?

yeah i think his tattoo looks fine..."lol"

everyone heals different - every piece of skin is different

but yeah hes good to go - though you seem intent to convince him otherwise

but hey - your advice is probably what the OP wants to hear anyway

as one of the other forum members on here always says

people get the tattoos they deserve

and in this case - i think they ultimately listen to the advice they deserve too

- - - Updated - - -

Do yours?

and in this case - i think they ultimately listen to the advice they deserve too

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha, I'm sorry if I sounded disrespectful, since english is not my first lenguage I don't know much about protocol.

I didn't mean to make him worry about it. I also think it looks good even when he didn't heal well, but it stills not a perfect healed tattoo yet, and I just think it doesn't look like that.

I mean, he asked if it's normal: I think it's not. The usual would be to look smoothed and settled after two months. Hahaha

But I agree with you: he doesn't need to worry

@Naiemh

hey everyone has a right to express themselves here

and thats a good thing

and you know what

you got me thinkin

people enjoy tattoos for different reasons

we'll each have a priority of things that draw us to certain tattoos or styles of tattoos

and we'll each have technical application preferences too within those styles

and thats ok

me - i think first and foremost is the gut reaction element

certain tattoos hit you like that and you dont forget them

thats whats most important to me in the tattoo

not the perfection

its the impact

rob ryan does a nice job explaining this in this vimeo piece

which doesnt seem to want to show itself :)

so go to vimeo and do a little searching

3 minutes long but cool nonetheless

@Naiemh

and thats a good thing

and you know what

you got me thinkin

we'll each have a priority of things that draw us to certain tattoos or styles of tattoos

and thats ok

not the perfection

its the impact

Wow, I totally agree with you! I think there's where we are different, because I'm such a perfectionist with tattoos, but I totally understand your point and it's so cool you can think like that, without worrying too much (like me and the OP, hahaha) and just enjoying tattoos! :D I hope I could think like that and stop worrying about imperfections

I will try to find the video you're talking about, thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Naiemh

and thats a good thing

and you know what

you got me thinkin

and thats ok

not the perfection

its the impact

Wow, I totally agree with you! I think there's where we are different, because I'm such a perfectionist with tattoos, but I totally understand your point and it's so cool you can think like that, without worrying too much (like me and the OP, hahaha) and just enjoying tattoos! :D I hope I could think like that and stop worrying about imperfections

I will try to find the video you're talking about, thanks!!