Healthy new addiction needs guidance

PYTHN

So I got my first tattoo at 19, my second at 40 and my third at 41. For the most recent one, I waited 6 months to see a "famous" artist because it was a large front/side/rear shoulder and upper arm piece that was very significant to me. I am disappointed in the tattoo and also disappointed in his attitude/customer service but I must say it lines up with what I saw on TV but I thought that was an exaggeration for TV. It wasn't. But anyway, not here to bash him by any means just want to make sure that I find the right person to do the rest of what I want. Thanks.

Right. "Famous" for being on tv is a helluva difference than being "famous" for artistry.

His work is amazing but I think a few things went wrong. 1. I think he's not very comfortable with all black and all of his infamous pieces are full color. 2. Because he's so damn busy, he really didn't do any designing until I showed up for the appointment which he started an hour late because he was finishing up someone else so the design didn't get the attention it needed 3. We never discussed nor did he ever ask me about shading the entire background to stop the piece from looking like it was "floating". he just shaded it all in. I had mentioned I had an idea for the background that would link this piece to the future pieces nearby but.......I guess he didn't hear that part. 4. When I brought up my thoughts, he shot them down like I was some novice that didn't know what I was talking about and he was an expert and I should blindly trust him..........which is exactly how he acted on TV.

The piece isn't terrible but I definitely didn't have to wait 6 months for this level and someone less insanely busy might have taken more time to design and discuss before jumping in.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome! let us know where you are located or where you are willing to travel for a tattoo and we can recommend some artists.

I am in east fort lauderdale. I will drive anywhere in south florida. If I REALLY have to fly, I will but being in such a metro area, I would think that's not necessary.