What to do with this empty spot?

rufio

Hello people of Azeroth. I mean sparrowtattooforum. I need some advice on what to do with this empy spot in my tattoo design.

I have on my right and left chest an empty spot in the bag. My artist drew a storm in the bag but said it was to crowded/busy with the hair next to it.

He said to think of something bigger. Since this is japanese themed id like to keep it that way in meaning of symbolism/picture wise.

What i've come up with so far myself is maybe the head of a dragon on my right chest, that it looks like there is a dragon in the bag. And maybe the tail on the left. However im not sure if the spot is big enough. Heres the picture

I think @SStu's idea is great. One of my all time favorite tattoos is this warrior lady by Chris O'Donnell; the detail is absolutely exquisite.

Stewart has also been cranking out amazing patterned "fabrics" in some of his backpieces lately, as well.

To that extent, you could also try to find pictures of antique Japanese textiles.

@SStu im not entirely sure what you mean. Would you have an example for me?

- - - Updated - - -

@SStu im not entirely sure what you mean. Would you have an example for me?

@sourpussoctopus ohhh i see now. Yes, this is perfect. The empty space was just to big not to do anything with it.

Ps, when i googled patterned drapery all i got was images of curtains :p

pps, thank you both

@rufio, exactly as @Manu Manu & @sourpussoctopus are saying. Here's one of his unfinished examples: http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1196450303084848639_1221769600

- - - Updated - - -

@rufio, exactly as @Manu Manu & @sourpussoctopus are saying. Here's one of his unfinished examples: http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1196450303084848639_1221769600