Joining for advice! :)

Kerumi

Hi all!

I was googling and found this forum, so I decided to join before starting my inked journey, to ask some questions, and to help others as much as I could :)

My main question is mixing styles, if it was on a sleeve, I won't be feeling like this, but sadly, due to study/work things, I can't start any sleeve yet, but I'll do on the future, so the things I'll do right now will cover chest, ribs and shoulders. I really love Irezumi, I've been on japanese culture since I was 16 (I'm 24 atm), and after getting some great changes on my life, I just wanted to start getting inked, but, I also loved the idea of getting small american tradittional pieces, for the things that will be happening on my life.

So, I'm wondering... will it look too weird, having, for exemple, a full sleeve, and my left pec in one style (american traditional), and the right pec, right ribs and right shoulder in another style (irezumi)?, the backgrounds will look pretty similar as I want them to be, but Im thinking on it since months ago, but I don't know what to do, so any kind of advices will be great :)

I know that my english is not good enough, so I hope you could understand what I mean!