How do ribs and side compare to full back?

Isotope

Rib panels and sides are next on the large scale plan. But... my full back was a war zone from a known hard tattooer. Every inch down to the top half of the cheeks is covered. Each session was a challenge start to finish, no real comfortable spots, with some real electric places that were torturous. It has me wondering if everything is easier from here on out (except for rest of ass), or if my ribs and sides will be just as much torture.

Rib panels and sides are next on the large scale plan. But... my full back was a war zone from a known hard tattooer. Every inch down to the top half of the cheeks is covered. Each session was a challenge start to finish, no real comfortable spots, with some real electric places that were torturous. It has me wondering if everything is easier from here on out (except for rest of ass), or if my ribs and sides will be just as much torture.

ribs will hurt but you got your whole back done - i think you'll manage

- - - Updated - - -

ribs will hurt but you got your whole back done - i think you'll manage

Yeah just had my first rib session yesterday I tapped at 5 hours. Usually do 8 on my back. It's a whole other world of sensitivity. Don't plan a whole day. Why torture yourself?

I have work on both sides - one was a 3 hour session and one was six - 3 hours was perfect - i'd had enough - six was mind bending - i mean - still awesome of course - but painful

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just had my first rib session yesterday I tapped at 5 hours. Usually do 8 on my back. It's a whole other world of sensitivity. Don't plan a whole day. Why torture yourself?

I have work on both sides - one was a 3 hour session and one was six - 3 hours was perfect - i'd had enough - six was mind bending - i mean - still awesome of course - but painful

Isotope, I don't know if you are male or female. I say this because reading through the threads, it seems like ribs hurt men worse than women. I'll give my female perspective.

I've had work done on my back (more than half, but not full back), I have had the top of the front ribs done and I have had my sides done. Getting work done on my back was downright painful. Both of my sides were weird, though. There are spots on my sides where I felt no pain and spots of intense pain. These spots are very close together so when the artist is shading back and forth, it literally goes from pain-no pain-pain-no pain in about two seconds. It was annoying because it was hard to get my mindset in a place to deal with the pain.

My front rib work was a pressure type of pain, though I felt the needle pain, as well.

Overall, I will agree with the other posters here that if you got your back done, you can handle your side and front ribs.

I am in the same position as you. I recently finished my back (neck to knees) and now starting on continuing onto front. So far I am 9 hours in on my right front and not loving it at all. I have already done chest plates on both side so the work is from nipples down. Definitely not loving the process but the end justifies the means. My thoughts are all tattooing sucks but if you made it through your back then you will make it through your front. :)

The thing I love about tattooing is, moments after each session of tattooing has finished the majority of the pain is over. Healing sucks but at least it doesn't hurt. :)

Cheers

Jason.

I am in the same position as you. I recently finished my back (neck to knees) and now starting on continuing onto front. So far I am 9 hours in on my right front and not loving it at all. I have already done chest plates on both side so the work is from nipples down. Definitely not loving the process but the end justifies the means. My thoughts are all tattooing sucks but if you made it through your back then you will make it through your front. :)

The thing I love about tattooing is, moments after each session of tattooing has finished the majority of the pain is over. Healing sucks but at least it doesn't hurt. :)

Cheers

Jason.

this /\ and those 4 words are so good to hear, "looks like we're done".