Hi from Chris

Chris1

Hi everyone

Am a tattoo enthusiast since a couple of months and looking for an awesome idea for my first tattoo. :)

Also I'm working on an app exactly for tattoo enthusiasts. Would love to get some feedback from you here what you think is important in an app like that or what you would want to see in it (PS: if you want would like to be an early tester, you can sign up at the link for updates/information about the launch).

Some additional questions that really interest me to start a conversation:

- How do you find inspiration/ideas for another tattoo?

- Where did you get the idea for your current tattoo?

- Where do you get your daily tattoo news/content from (apart of this forum)?

- How do you organize different ideas for your next tattoo? For example bookmarks?

Best,

Chris

How about a tattoo app that throws your damned phone in the trash, walks you into a tattoo shop so you can talk to a human being, pick something off the wall, and get a tattoo? Getting a tattoo isn't exactly a difficult process.

I hope you pay attention here and get the knowledge you need to help you in choosing a quality artist to give you a quality tattoo, but cut it out with this app shit. Nobody needs an app to get tattooed, and frankly, given that you don't have any tattoos and have a very recent interest in them, yet apparently want to make money off of them nevertheless via a useless app, you're coming across as an interloper and nobody likes that.

What they said ^^^^^

However here are my answers to your posted ?'s

- How do you find inspiration/ideas for another tattoo?

I kind of have the idea to keep certain styles in separate areas on me. If I really like an image then it's possible, they don't have to have deep meaning.

- Where did you get the idea for your current tattoo?

Current piece is a continuation of a Star Wars sock on my right leg. Going with Dark Side images of things from the franchise that I have always liked.

This latest is a Technical Draft style piece and went with it because it's unique and found an artist capable of the line work.

- Where do you get your daily tattoo news/content from (apart of this forum)?

Don't keep up on 'news' per say, but have a few Facebook pages that I like and then use Google and Instagram.

- How do you organize different ideas for your next tattoo? For example bookmarks?

Just have a Folder on my PC Desktop and save images to it, but if an idea isn't strong enough to just remember then it won't be my next tattoo.

Good luck with your first tattoo, just remember to go big in size and get it from a well known artist.

Thanks for all the honest, even though maybe a little bit snappy, replies! :)

I think your concerns are completely valid and the usefulness of something like that can and should be questioned. That's exactly why ask this here and why I want to have this discussion. In particular with people that are skeptical.

So do you think we can have an open and critical yet respectful discussion about it?

@omeletta

Hehe, good to know!

Ok, where would I have to look in this forum to find a good artist in Switzerland? I probably go for something "simple". Just black and probably an abstract shape.

@tc3500

Thanks for your response!

Ok, that's an interesting way to fit them onto you. Like the style of the technical one!

just remember to go big in size

Why do you mean? I had in mind to get rather something smaller of size..

Your choice of course but you may not want to put a smaller tattoo in the middle of a nice large area on your body? You will likely want more work and then may want the best 'real estate' available for larger tattoos...?

- - - Updated - - -

Your choice of course but you may not want to put a smaller tattoo in the middle of a nice large area on your body? You will likely want more work and then may want the best 'real estate' available for larger tattoos...?

Ah, yes, of course. I assume a small tattoo on a large area probably doesn't look very good anyway. Thanks for mentioning this. Well, I thought I'd go for a small one and don't really plan to have a big one anyway. But I'd probably not be the first one to say this and then get a full back tattoo or a sleeve. ^^

So do you think we can have an open and critical yet respectful discussion about it?

You might find a couple of takers, but as a newbie - if you hang out here a little while, you'll understand the general mindset of the group (who mostly aren't interested in or tolerant of just another technology based suckerfish to the industry as a whole).

Welcome, if you're primary intention is to learn about how to get and enjoy tattoos!

- - - Updated - - -

You might find a couple of takers, but as a newbie - if you hang out here a little while, you'll understand the general mindset of the group (who mostly aren't interested in or tolerant of just another technology based suckerfish to the industry as a whole).

Welcome, if you're primary intention is to learn about how to get and enjoy tattoos!

Alright, thanks for the explanation!

Too bad you had bad experiences in the past but I can't do anything about that. And if there already is prejudice I'm not sure if I ever can be accepted and I'll see to bring the conversation somewhere else where it is more tolerated.

To get a good tattoo you need to find an artist that can work a design in your style. You need to go to every shop you can and look at their artwork, when you find someone that speaks to you with their designs then have a conversation with them about what you want and work out a design together.

Tattooing is a personal and I believe partially spiritual experience and should not be cheapened by involving some kind of electronic device.

To get a good tattoo you need to find an artist that can work a design in your style. You need to go to every shop you can and look at their artwork, when you find someone that speaks to you with their designs then have a conversation with them about what you want and work out a design together.

Ok, so you would find the artist before you know mostly what you want to get? I find it hard to select an artist when I'm still not sure what I really want to get. :/

Look at their artwork, if you like the style then talk to them. Walk in 2 shops, you are bound to like one better than the other. I'm not saying you have to get something out of a book. A good artist will come up with a design better than anything you could come up with on your own. You can share ideas with them and it will help you find what you are looking for. And after it all if you don't like the design you are under no obligation to get work done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

... when I'm still not sure what I really want to get. :/

tattooing isn't a race (despite how the internetz can make us feel)

if you aren't sure what to get...DO NOT get the tattoo, you aren't ready.

be sure of what you want...whether you've been manifesting the idea for years or just picking the flash off the wall with like 'yeah that's the one'...be sure of what you want.

myself...i get a rough idea of what the tattoo is to be of and where i want it to go (at this point in my journey, placement comes first). my inspiration is life, art, music, culture, being and breathing. air, water, fire. blackness and emptiness, technicolour and psychedelia. simple ideas. complex ideas. concept ideas. stupid ideas. the ideas just happen when i am ready to accept them. my first one was 6 years in the making. my last one was 4 months and the one before that was 5 minutes. you just know. it feels right. i can look at myself in the mirror and see the new tattoo THERE on the empty skin. like looking into the future. that's when i know i'm ready for the next.

tattoo is not a trivial thing as the internet and pedestrian people have fooled the mainstream into believing. there is more to it than what can come across on a 2"x2" smartsphone screen, an algorithm and app. tattoo, you gotta be it and do it.

good luck to you Chris1 :cool:

Ok, so you would find the artist before you know mostly what you want to get? I find it hard to select an artist when I'm still not sure what I really want to get. :/

when you get to this point though is when its the most fun - my appt this month with Chad Koeplinger I have no idea what I'm getting or even where its going - the only I do know is I want something from Chad

- - - Updated - - -

when you get to this point though is when its the most fun - my appt this month with Chad Koeplinger I have no idea what I'm getting or even where its going - the only I do know is I want something from Chad

@bongsau

Thanks for the detailed response despite my initial karma problem. ^^

tattoo is not a trivial thing as the internet and pedestrian people have fooled the mainstream into believing.

Totally. I think it's quite a decision to make. That's probably the one thing that amazes me the most (at least on a meta level) about tattoos. There you have a decision to make that you actually have to live with the rest of your life (removing again should imo never be considered an option). There are not many decisions like that you have

to make in your life. Most of them can be changed later without a trace. And you can't even blame someone else when it doesn't work out.

That's also why I agree with the rest of your response. I'll definitely take my time.

@marley mission

Oh, I'm definitely not there yet (maybe ever?). But Chad definitely has an really cool style. You probably have to wait a long time for that guy. ^^